Need Christmas ideas for me - health or comfort gadgets?

I never need anything much, so it’s hard to come up with ideas for family to buy for me. I love my electric kettle, aftermarket heated seat covers for the truck, microwaveable heating pads, wraparound heating pad for my IV arm, weighted blankets, cooling items like freezable face masks, and that sort of thing. I was looking for some wearable pill holders so I can more easily carry meds that I might need in a hurry. I have some keychain type capsule containers already. If anyone has other items that really help their comfort or health, please let me know! 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

A Instant Pot. Love this thing. A custom Dysautonomia printed carry case might be worth it. 

Oh yes, got this. I have a nice QR code medical tag that leads to a website where I can customize the content. This way I can be relatively discreet but still have if information available when needed.

An Apollo Neuro may be something you'd like to try. It's a device that softly vibrates to increase the parasympathetic nervous system response. It helps me with managing stress and sleep.

https://apolloneuro.com/products/apollo-wearable

They offer discounts around the holidays and a return option if it doesn't work for you.

(I have no relationship with this company. I just really like their device and have been using it daily for over a year and a half.)

8 hours ago, JaneEyre9 said:

(I have no relationship with this company. I just really like their device and have been using it daily for over a year and a half.)

Me too!  I use it primarily for enhancing my sleep, but it also helps me a lot when I have done too much and my nervous system is in crisis.  The refund is full (less shipping) for 30 days, so the risk isn't too high. 

1 hour ago, Jyoti said:

Me too!  I use it primarily for enhancing my sleep, but it also helps me a lot when I have done too much and my nervous system is in crisis.  The refund is full (less shipping) for 30 days, so the risk isn't too high. 

i may just look into this. sleep for me is a issue for sure.

10 hours ago, JaneEyre9 said:

An Apollo Neuro may be something you'd like to try. It's a device that softly vibrates to increase the parasympathetic nervous system response. It helps me with managing stress and sleep.

https://apolloneuro.com/products/apollo-wearable

They offer discounts around the holidays and a return option if it doesn't work for you.

That is really neat! I had no idea it would work. I am not hyperadrenergic but I have awful sleep, and my heart pounds hard. Thanks!

My daughter uses it to help her focus, when she has to take an exam or do a difficult drive.  I keep thinking I should use mine for important doctor's appointments and the like as well.  It has different 'modes' or, I suppose, patterns of sound waves, that supposedly produce different results.  I have mostly played with the ones that calm things down and help with sleep, but I should see if I can get more out of it in terms of sharpening my focus when I need that.  Because....I do need that sometimes!

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

@RecipeForDisaster - gift cards for online shopping! That way I can buy what I want or need when I do. And I can use it for whatever I may find useful. 

I do this, because there is so little I want or need. But you know what? I end up using them for tick preventative for the horses, or gifts for the people who got them for me! It’s silly. However, it won’t be wasted like other things I can’t use. Like my favorite ever, a gift certificate for eyebrow plucking an hour from me. I wouldn’t care about an eyebrow if it was the last body part I had left, and I rarely go near there. Thanks so much?

@RecipeForDisaster  There is a great article full of helpful gadgets and tools that can be really helpful https://www.dinet.org/content/living-with-dysautonomia/technology-education/optimized-living/    The article is a couple of years old but it's easy to find updated forms of the tools mentioned.  

4 hours ago, edriscoll said:

@RecipeForDisaster  There is a great article full of helpful gadgets and tools that can be really helpful https://www.dinet.org/content/living-with-dysautonomia/technology-education/optimized-living/    The article is a couple of years old but it's easy to find updated forms of the tools mentioned.  

Thanks, I forgot about that and will revisit it!

19 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster said:

Like my favorite ever, a gift certificate for eyebrow plucking an hour from me. I wouldn’t care about an eyebrow if it was the last body part I had left, and I rarely go near there.

🤣