Eating seems to be making me super sick now

I've been feeling the worst I've ever felt this past week. I think it might be increased stress on top of just eating.

When I eat, I start to feel so sick. Like torture. I don't know how to put it into words. The only symptoms I can describe would be flushing on one side of my face, fatigue. Heart seems to pump harder, nausea, and being out of breath. Being out of breath is getting worse as time goes on. 

I don't know what's going on. I was in pure agony the other night. There's no words to describe it.This is new. those symptoms i described werent too strong or anything. It was the suffering I was feeling. 

I'm getting other issues too. If I'm up too long, my right leg feels tight. And my right hand swells a little. I'm guessing it's blood pooling. But only one side of the body? This sound familiar?

Just venting and seeing what you guys think. 

I have some of those issues like fatigue and palpitations after eating. In fact, having my worst day of palpitations in years today & wondering if it's mere irony that people have told me this is their worst allergy day in years. I also frequently feel like my body is heating up after eating. And of course, the normal GERD & IBS symptoms. 

Could the flushing be an MCAS thing? Are you eating anything not in your usual diet? Would you consider an elimination diet? 

The other stuff is not anything I'd even want to venture a guess on. Far outside my small base of knowledge. 

9 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

When I eat, I start to feel so sick. Like torture. I don't know how to put it into words. The only symptoms I can describe would be flushing on one side of my face, fatigue. Heart seems to pump harder, nausea, and being out of breath.

so does this last all day long after eating or just a few hours or so. anything else change in your life that maybe stressing you? May want to reduce the number of carbs at each meal and see how you feel as a high carb meal does put stress on the GI and body.

I am diabetic and will get some of the symptoms described when i don't get my food right and my blood sugars get too high. Like you i will feel ill (like i took a penalty for eating).

As always i would bring your new symptoms up with your Doc.

It's important to eat! I have eating issues around nausea and also with suddenly feeling vomitous during a meal (between one bite and the next and I have to abandon the meal (which wasn't large anyway))

Even if it is just mechanical and you feel nauseous (there's pills that help a bit) you need to keep an eye on your weight as if you don't want to eat then you start losing weight, and this can become serious. You really don't want to have to eat the hypercaleric hyperprotein supplements in order to maintain your weight (I've been forced to eat these after losing too much weight.)

If it continues try small meals more frequently as this helps with GERD and some nausea issues but keep an eye on your weight and talk to your doctor about it.

I've had nausea and other GI symptoms when in a flare.  In fact I often lose weight when in a bad flare.  The only things that helped were small more frequent meals, low carb foods, and lots of fluids and salt.  IV fluids also help me a lot--although not sure how much they helped with nausea/GI symptoms.

@Derek1987, I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this. I don’t have anything to add to what other people have said about symptoms after eating.

But I just wanted to say that I also have times when I feel absolutely shocking, but with no specific symptoms I could name. Like you say, it’s hard to put into words. It’s not pain, not nausea, not fever. All I can say is that I feel horrendous.

I do hope you can get some help and this passes soon.