Heart Rate Monitor

MaryJo

Hi,

I was looking to get a HR monitor watch, (possibly the Nike Imara), but found advice on one web-site which said that the strap-type were not suitable for ladies, as they were designed with men in mind, and do not allow for women's underwear. The site suggested a sports bra, but I wondered if any of you have had any problems, since I have never heard this before!

I know that you can get strapless ones, but I wanted something that could monitor closely when I felt ill so I could see what was happening with my pulse.

Thanks in advance.

Love,

MJ

Well, I am a guy, but I have a Reebok wrist-watch heart monitor, no strap needed, and except for width of wrist men and women are less different there than in the chest so I feel I can comment. LOL. It only monitors when you press a button. But it's right there on the wrist. When I wore a strap one that goes with my exerbike, I compared it to this, and they were within a beat or two of measurement of each other, so I view it as reliable.

I will say, with the wrist, you need to give it a good settling down time.

I use the mio petite, ecg accurate watch. no strap needed, not bulky or ugly like some of the others. I had a polar w/ the strap and while it worked ok I hated it because I'm a bit busty and it was hard to keep the strap in the correct position.

Nina

Where can you fing these heart reat monitors and are they real expensive? We are on a budjet now that I am home, and we have a military fixed income. Anyone have TRICARE PRIME INS or Military Dr's?