no appetite, nausea, bloated

Is this part of Dysautonomia?  I've lost a lot of weight (not by choice) over the last year. My doctor thinks I shouldn't lose anymore. I have a lot of food allergies; I don't usually get hungry & when I do eat a good meal I end up in toilet with tummy ache & throwing up.  I have slow motility & eating one meal day is usually enough.  I have been eating more than I want but still do not gain wt.  If I do gain a few lbs. I end up with IBS & lose it.  Does anyone else have this problem?  How do you handle it? 

@gertie - yes, I had this problem before. I have IBS from dysautonomia and have lost a lot of weight ( despite the fact that I was never overweight ). HOWEVER  I would not necessarily brush this off a dysautonomia symptom. You really should get blood work and a GI consult to make sure there is not another reason for your symptoms. 

I am sorry you are not feeling well! 

8 hours ago, gertie said:

I have slow motility & eating one meal day is usually enough. 

It is commonly bettr tolerated by POTS patients to eat several small snacks a day than a large meal. Many people do better "grazing" than eating 3 meals

I have a lot of gut issues like gastroparesis and IBS. I also have mast cell problems which mean I have a lot of intolerances and allergies. I’ve had to re-jig my diet to a low carb, no gluten, sugar or dairy, low inflammatory. 

Thanks for reading & replying.  I always think I would feel better if I didn't have to eat.  I get blood work done at least once a year.  It's time for checkup again & I dread it because my physician wants me to gain weight & it hasn't happened. 

Guest KiminOrlando

I have gastroparesis. I was lucky to find a doctor willing to put me on a drug called Domperidone. It is not FDA approved in the US, so it isn't covered by insurance and must be compounded, but has changed my life. It is used in Canada and overseas. My doctor trained in the UK and they use it over there. In fact, I think it used to be OTC over there.  Before this drug, I was sick on the toilet and vomiting in a garbage can simultaneously. It totally changed my life.