Lowering Blood Pressure

@DizzyGirls - have you checked with her cardiologist? There are several BP meds that can help, for me it is the calcium channel blocker Diltiazem. It helps to dilate blood vessels. For the HR I take Carvelidol and it helps but does not affect the BP very much. 

9 hours ago, DizzyGirls said:

My daughter’s blood pressure is 134/90 and pulse is around 62.  This is too high for her and is causing her to be really sluggish, have great amounts of anxiety, and is just generally not feeling well.  Anybody have any idea how to lower her bp without lowering her heart rate?  

I makes sense to let the dr know. Is she taking meds to boost her BP or what meds is she taking? I suspect a doctor would not prescribe medication to lower for 134/90 BP. This is marginally higher than a normal BP of 120/80. I sm not a doctor but based on what I know with family BP issues this is not that far outside the normal range as probably isn’t what’s causing the sluggishness.  You could try reducing salt, eliminating caffeine  and drinking more plain water which would help to slightly bring  down BP. 

@Pistoland @yogini - Thank you for your suggestions!  This has been one of those weeks!  My daughter’s blood pressure has been going up in the late afternoon almost consistently the past couple of weeks, but we’re just now putting it together with the way she feels.  She’s got some really strange things going on - very sluggish to where she almost can’t move, severe anxiety, the aforementioned rise in bp, and an extreme inability to tolerate sound, commotion of any type (even the slightest bit elicits her hands on her head or a scream, etc.).  I’ve sent messages for her to her cardiologist and neurologist to get their input.   Is there a type of Dysautonomia that will do that?  I know that Dysautonomia can cause some really wacky symptoms at times, but these just really take the cake!  She’s exhausted, I’m exhausted….  Any thoughts?

@DizzyGirls have you ever heard of hyperacusis? HPOTS runs in the females of my family and my mother, sister and cousin all have hyperacusis. It means that everyday sounds cause extreme stress, to the point that it is almost painful. In POTS this can of course cause all kind of problems, from adrenaline rushes, high or low BP etc. My mother, for example, cannot go in restaurants or even waitingrooms because of this. She can only ever tolerate talking to one person at a time. My sister gets headaches from hearing background noises. Maybe she should get evaluated for this condition? I believe an ENT is the one to see.