Great Dentist-I'm still shocked

Omg I just had the most wonderful Dental visit....and I hate Dentists! The last time I saw my actual Dentist and not the Hygenist was a little over a year ago. At that time I had to have extensive dental work done and I had them knock me out completely for that. The anesthisiologist at that time wanted to use specific meds and take precautions due to my POTS and NCS. My Dentist was unfamiliar with the conditions so I gave him a quick explanation. He said it was very interesting and he was going to read up on it. I just blew it off as another Doc patting me on the head and saying "there now, you will be all right"

Today I went in to get my teeth cleaned. The hygenist called the dentist over because she wanted to ask him about my medical conditions etc. To my amazement, he thoroughly explained what POTS is, what happens to a person body when they have POTS, explained blood pressure, heartrate, venous poolong, hypovolemia etc. He then went on to look through my list of meds and explain the mechanisms of how each work. I have to tell you, I am in shock. The Docs in the ER have no clue what POTS or NCS is yet my Dentist has a perfectly clear understanding of it. He even told the Hygenist to note in my chart not to use certain meds with me. Wow!

that is so good to hear. i had a similar situation with my cardio. when i was first refered to him, he really did not know what was going on with me , he used to joke and say i was his mystery patient . all he could tell me was he could see what was happening to me ,but couldnt figure out why,then afterTTT ,next visit he had so much infeo on pots and ncs .he admitted he didnt know alot about but was consulting with someone who did,today he is very informed and welcomes any info i bring to him.thanks to all the docs out there who take time to believe.

sallyann

WOW! That is great news, congrats on a great doctor/person for taking the time to learn about POTS, wish all the docs would do that.