Strange event

Hello all,

I had this weird event that happened to me and it wasn't the first time. This time involved caffiene. I usually am fine with drinking coffee as long as I stick with one cup. In fact I have been drinking it almost daily for a while now with no problems. I enjoy trying new things so I like to try new brands and flavors of coffee/caffiene. Usually if I drink to much which has happened before I usually calm down once I drink some water and wait maybe 10 or 30 minutes and im fine. So I stumbled upon some something called gfuel which supposedly a healthier version of other energy drinks with no sugar. However it has 300 mg of caffiene. I usually never go this high but I figured I could just split it up throughout the day which I did and I turned out fine. However the next day I decided I might try a new flavor. This time I must have just lost track of my pacing and ended up drinking the whole thing. Boy I was gonna get a lot done that day but just ended up walking around the ER for 5 hours thinking I was gonna die. It felt like I oded on caffiene and the worst panic attack ever. I thought I would drink a bottle or 2 of water and it would go away but that was not the case. I ended up drinking tons of fluid cant even count on two hands. I had extreme bloating that I thought stomach would burst or have some heart issues. It was scary. The next day all my muscles were really sore. Its hard to describe but it was just not fun at all. This happened to me one time before mixing a small amount of weed and alcohol together on accident. The scariest part was the bloating. It feels like I am going to blow up somehow. There must be a threshold I crossed which immediately sent my into a crash or something. Anyone ever have similar experience?

@racingheart77 - I cannot tolerate any energy drinks at all, not sure if it is the caffeine or something else. They immediately turn me into an adrenaline torch! I am like ADHD on steroids, with high BP, tachycardia, tremors ... I am not sure about the bloating, though. Have you read the other ingredients and maybe there is one you are intolerant to?

I also have a low tolerance for caffeine.  POTS is probably a factor--although I think some people w POTS find caffeine helpful.  I do OK with a cup of green tea.  But I cannot drink an ordinary cup of coffee.  I've tried but I feel awful--overly wired bordering on anxious, heart rate goes up with more palpitations, difficulty sleeping hours later.  I think it must be variable from person to person how the body processes it and long it takes to clear caffeine.  I've not heard about bloating and caffeine--sounds like you drank a lot of fluid however?  I would be very wary of energy drinks.  

I looked up G Fuel. Appartlety there were some concerns about the drink in the past.

One of the ingredients in G Fuel is the compound taurine, and Gamma Labs has been criticized for not disclosing the quantity of taurine in G Fuel. Chief executive officer Clifford Morgan stated that "There is nothing wrong with taurine, especially in small amounts".[36]

In April 2018, Gamma Enterprises settled a $118,500 lawsuit with California's Environmental Research Center over lead contamination in their G Fuel products. 18 samples of G Fuel were found to have great enough lead content that warning labels were required, per California's Proposition 65.[37]