Brain zaps/adrenaline surges and breathing issues

Pietro

I described in my previous topic how I've been suffering from some weird brain zap feelings, which are followed by an adrenaline surge in the stomach and sometimes I even lurch forward with a brief second myoclonus like spasm and brief one second tinnitus. These symptoms are always worse when I'm lying down and especially when trying to sleep. These "zaps" are the absolute worst when I'm in that transition between awake and asleep and it keeps preventing from sleeping because I'm always getting "zapped back awake"

Well, I've been getting even more desperate now because I noticed that when these "zaps" happen, it's like my body freezes up for that time, including my breathing muscles, and the scariest part about the zaps is that I literally feel like my breathing muscles are paralyzed for that brief amount and I have to struggle to manually breathe and shake myself out of the "zap". I don't know if I'm describing it well, it's very hard to describe the feelings, but it's very scary.

I also feel just generally terrible after these zaps, like I have a tight band around my chest, like I'm breathing against resistance and also have other weird neurological symptoms like tingling scalp, my vision feels unfocused, sometimes I get transient numbness in a limb, temperature dysregulation nausea, and crushing fatigue, especially after eating a rich meal. 

I had an MRI just two weeks ago because I was fearing some serious neurological issue like MS or a tumor, but the results were normal. Last year I also had a cardiac workup (EKG, Stress Test, Echo, Chest CT) and it was all normal as well. Also had a blood panel which was all normal as well except for slightly elevated CRP and Vitamin D deficiency.

12 minutes ago, Pietro said:

I described in my previous topic how I've been suffering from some weird brain zap feelings, which are followed by an adrenaline surge in the stomach and sometimes I even lurch forward with a brief second myoclonus like spasm and brief one second tinnitus. These symptoms are always worse when I'm lying down and especially when trying to sleep. These "zaps" are the absolute worst when I'm in that transition between awake and asleep and it keeps preventing from sleeping because I'm always getting "zapped back awake"

Well, I've been getting even more desperate now because I noticed that when these "zaps" happen, it's like my body freezes up for that time, including my breathing muscles, and the scariest part about the zaps is that I literally feel like my breathing muscles are paralyzed for that brief amount and I have to struggle to manually breathe and shake myself out of the "zap". I don't know if I'm describing it well, it's very hard to describe the feelings, but it's very scary.

I also feel just generally terrible after these zaps, like I have a tight band around my chest, like I'm breathing against resistance and also have other weird neurological symptoms like tingling scalp, my vision feels unfocused, sometimes I get transient numbness in a limb, temperature dysregulation nausea, and crushing fatigue, especially after eating a rich meal. 

I had an MRI just two weeks ago because I was fearing some serious neurological issue like MS or a tumor, but the results were normal. Last year I also had a cardiac workup (EKG, Stress Test, Echo, Chest CT) and it was all normal as well. Also had a blood panel which was all normal as well except for slightly elevated CRP and Vitamin D deficiency.

Have you tried seeing a functional neurologist? I think you will be able to get more I have a deeper look into what’s going on with you because that definitely sounds neurological. When that happens to you does it also feel like you are falling? A sensation as if the room or your body is shifting/moving? If so, that’s a pretty good indicator of cerebellar dysfunction which is also a very common driver of POTS

56 minutes ago, Pietro said:

Also, do you take B12? Taking some methylated B12 and methyl folate may help if you have a slow methylation cycle

@Pietro - have you ever had a sleep study? This might be a good test for you to get. They measure your entire sleep pattern. Also - you might be suffering from sleep apnea. I know of other people that get jolted awake when they stop breathing from sleep apnea and they dont even know that they stopped breathing!

I don't get brain/zaps per say but i will experience body twitches/jerks and some involuntary need to take a deep breath while power napping on the recliner. Only seems to happen on this thing (get a feeling it is possessed since i have had more issues using it) never happens while i am in bed or should i say i am not aware of it.