What Foods Work With You IBS or Don't

MikeO

I actually do well with dairy. I just eat simple flan, whips (light mousse yogurt), these real French puddings with vanilla, and sometimes I just grab a cheese stick. I don't do well with: corn, fast food, high carbs, spicy stuff, acidic, and salads are very hard to digest across the board. I'm mostly vegetarian so I find that black beans and rice is really great and oatmeal is great, I also eat a lot of nuts. I feel really sick after eating greasy chips... 

@CallieAndToby22 - the fact that you don't tolerate fast food and greasy chips may mean that you have a problem digesting certain fats. My husband has this - when he eats fast food or chips he feels very unwell and the next morning he looks like he is 9 months pregnant. When he started to cut out any fats used in deep frying he got better.

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

@CallieAndToby22 - the fact that you don't tolerate fast food and greasy chips may mean that you have a problem digesting certain fats. My husband has this - when he eats fast food or chips he feels very unwell and the next morning he looks like he is 9 months pregnant. When he started to cut out any fats used in deep frying he got better.

I do have horrible bloating!!! And huge stomach at times :( :(. Thanks for the tips, I'll have to look more into that. 

1 hour ago, CallieAndToby22 said:

I do have horrible bloating!!! And huge stomach at times :( :(. Thanks for the tips, I'll have to look more into that. 

I am looking into the Low FODMAP Diet. supposedly it has helped with symptoms of IBS. Not sure if it is legit but i am looking at as a start to find foods that work for me.