Can florinef cause swelling in just one leg/foot?

Derek1987

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

PLEASE go to get it checked - it COULD be a blood clot. I am not aware that Florinef would cause swelling in just one leg. 

Absolutely. I got 3 DVT in my right leg in 1993 from being bed ridden from mono. Not fun. My right leg is still bigger than my left because the clots lodged in the valves on the deep saphenous vein. I have to wear compression stockings too. Eventually they put a Greenfield filter in me. 

Because of covid and the strain on the hospital, i waited in the lobby 10 hours or so. So i was in there like 13 or 14 hours. Idk how i did it. But they took blood and did an ultrasound and the doc said theres no clot and to get with my pcp. 

Of course i kept getting judged when i told them my lack of mobility situation. And of course nobody knew what pots or dysautonomia was. The lady doing the ultrasound was like so do u choose not do anything? Like yeah i chose to lay down for 2 plus years, struggle financially etc. Anyways next step, the pcp. 

32 minutes ago, Derek1987 said:

Because of covid and the strain on the hospital, i waited in the lobby 10 hours or so. So i was in there like 13 or 14 hours. Idk how i did it. But they took blood and did an ultrasound and the doc said theres no clot and to get with my pcp. 

Of course i kept getting judged when i told them my lack of mobility situation. And of course nobody knew what pots or dysautonomia was. The lady doing the ultrasound was like so do u choose not do anything? Like yeah i chose to lay down for 2 plus years, struggle financially etc. Anyways next step, the pcp. 

Where is this? I am starting to wonder about the competence of the medical profession. I am seeing a decline in IT. It's about shift left management which is pushing duties and responsibilities to lower cost tiers. It's happening where I work, so the help desk is having to handle things they aren't competent at and so on. I think the medical profession is in the same boat. PA's and NP's instead of MDs and NA's instead of RNs etc. No one knows *** they are doing. 

@Derek1987 - although I am sorry you had to spend that much time in the ER it is a relief to hear that you don't have a blood clot. The trip definitely was not a waste b/c the first thing to make sure you don;t have is a clot. Once that is ruled out everyone can take a breather and the emergency is over. Hope the PCP has any ideas. Good luck! 

( Oh - and btw - maybe you should just CHOOSE to get better? Funny none of those highly trained docs have ever suggested that 😉! )

16 hours ago, JimL said:

Where is this? I am starting to wonder about the competence of the medical profession. I am seeing a decline in IT. It's about shift left management which is pushing duties and responsibilities to lower cost tiers. It's happening where I work, so the help desk is having to handle things they aren't competent at and so on. I think the medical profession is in the same boat. PA's and NP's instead of MDs and NA's instead of RNs etc. No one knows *** they are doing. 

Memphis, TN. One of the worst cities in the US. They were so swamped, they had the national guard helping and it still took 300 hours. I really have no idea how i made it. I tried to recline the best i could. 

And yes they usually pair me with a NP. I even got a student doctor at one point last night. Then the real doctor came and told me the news and jetted. 

When i was a kid, the show ER really had me believing thats how hospitals work lol. You know caring, urgent, know everything. Almost every person had some sort of attitude. Its like that every time. I believe cause im male and because of my age. I can understand to an extent because they are ignorant but illness doesnt have an assigned age to it. And nobody knows what dysautonomia is. Nobody. 

Last night when i was being rolled in the bed to ultra sound and then stopped, the ceiling kept moving but i wasnt. If they only knew the stuff we go through.

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Derek1987 - although I am sorry you had to spend that much time in the ER it is a relief to hear that you don't have a blood clot. The trip definitely was not a waste b/c the first thing to make sure you don;t have is a clot. Once that is ruled out everyone can take a breather and the emergency is over. Hope the PCP has any ideas. Good luck! 

( Oh - and btw - maybe you should just CHOOSE to get better? Funny none of those highly trained docs have ever suggested that 😉! )

Yes that was my main motivation in staying. The seriousness of it. I hope the ultrasound was adequate enough testing. But we will see where it goes from here. 

Dysautonomia is a cruel disease. I wish the medical field was educated in it. When i can afford it, i am going to buy those leg compressor machine things. They have bags that go all the way up to your thigh that inflate and deflate. I can have that on while i lay down. And maybe an exercise bike to get on at least once a day to keep my blood flowing. Just dont want exercise to overload my body with adrenaline. Sometimes when i do a couple of chores and i go too fast, i might pay for it all day and night. 

@Derek1987 - I am personally very familiar with ER's and the ignorance of ER docs when it comes to all things POTS. Nothing we experience is considered an emergency ( even passing out and seizures in my case, even fluctuating BP's and tachycardia with runs of PVC,s, even chest pain and tremors ) and all they want is to get us out of there to make room for " real patients " - which you WERE in need of emergency care, and you were not there for POTS. But in their defense: they are very overworked and over run with COVID in addition to all regularly occurring emergencies, hence the insanely long wait time. And the attitude - well, they ARE humans! As a former nurse I can tell you that it is not necessary to be rude to patients due to stress - but as a human being I understand it. 

2 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

And maybe an exercise bike to get on at least once a day to keep my blood flowing. Just dont want exercise to overload my body with adrenaline. Sometimes when i do a couple of chores and i go too fast, i might pay for it all day and night. 

There are exercises that rob us of energy and others that GIVE us energy. I have found a rowing machine ( I bought it pretty cheap from Amazon, $ 80 ) is the best thing for me, since I do it sitting down and exercise the whole body at once. It also has 8 settings, so I can adjust it to my tolerance. Currently I can do 22 reps on the second setting, but whenever I have a flare I have to start lower again. 

Many people like a reclined bike. My sister, who also has dysautonomia, does excellent on an e-bike, she used it daily in the fall and her BP and overall wellbeing improved remarkably!!! She is very exercise intolerant as well and has found many exercises to be too stimulating for her.