Prescribed Fludrocortisone today - Hyper POTS - questions

Derek1987

My coreg was upped to 25mg twice a day and my autonomic dr. added Fludrocortisone 0.1mg once a day in the morning to take with my coreg.

This was a decided route because i have low renin and low aldosterone which was was discovered by my endocrinologist. 

I just had the appointment and already forgot how this is supposed to help me with the hyperadrenergic problem. 

I was also just diagnosed with Heds. Not sure if this relates. 

Can someone shed some knowledge on every single way this medicine can help me? Thanks for the knowledge. My pharmacist said i cant take the Fludrocortisone and ibuprofen together. Why is that?(my wife picked it up and told me this)

38 minutes ago, Sushi said:

If so, many of us have it along with Dysautonomia though I don’t think there is definitive research on why. I too have hypermobile EDS.

@Sushi - as far as I know EDS causes the walls of the blood vessels to be too elastic ( like your joints and cartilage, from too much collagen ) and therefore the vessels are not able to constrict properly. This in turn can trigger the ANS to try to compensate by telling the vessels to constrict by activating the sympathetic NS ( adrenaline ).