what pain med is best for POTS?

Pistol

Hello - I have hyperadrenergic POTS with fluctuating BP's. 4 weeks ago I developed severe pain in my neck and down my arm and was diagnosed with a pinched nerve ( C7 ). Anti-inflammatories, heat and PT have not been successful. My doc will most-likely advance to MRI and pain medication ( I cannot take steroids ). In the past certain pain meds such as Lortab etc affected my BP and my POTS symptoms. So my question is:      What pain meds have helped you without dropping or raising BP? If I have to decide between pain relief and worsening POTS I will take the pain 😞

Oh @Pistol I am so sorry.  I have been, and continue to be, in the same situation.  I guess it depends on what type of pain it is.  I have done fairly well with gabapentin for joint and nerve pain but everything except alprazolam for my neck muscle pain raises my BP. I have tried Skelaxin, orphenadrine, cyclobenzaprine and a couple of others in the muscle relaxant class.  Tramadol also raises my BP.  My Drs don’t like me taking benzos so I very, very rarely do.  Massages and hot packs at PT once a week help for a day or two and I am considering a home massage therapist once a week too.  Take care and I will be thinking of you.

I’m allergic to NSAIDs and Tylenol does nothing for me, so I’m in a particularly bad place when it comes to pain. I use a TENS often and that does help... I use hot packs when I can tolerate them (they can worsen my low BP), Lidocaine patches, and distraction. It’s not great!

Tramadol makes my Dysautonomia much worse and I was told to avoid it without even mentioning that.