Weighted blanket for sleep

yogini

I was wondering whether anyone has tried weighted blanket? They can be really expensive but heard they help with sleep and other ailments.   I have severe insomnia sometimes and would appreciate hearing anyone's experience whether this helped with dysautonomia symptoms - mine are always worse when I don't get sleep.  Also there are so many different brands and a range of costs -- so if you really like your blanket would love to know the brand.   I am leaning toward the Gravity Blanket which is $250 - since that seems to have the best reviews.

I have two 15lb $30 ones. One is not baffled or quilted so the weight clumps up badly. The other is great... it's quilted, and is super soft. I really love them and feel they help my BP to be a little higher, plus I do think they help me to sleep. I actually layer both even though that's supposed to be too much weight for me. I got them at Christmas Tree Shop and Job Lot, respectively. The non-baffled CTS one could be quilted yourself... the price is right! Good luck!

I have a Magic Blanket. Mine is 54" x 78" and weighs 14 pounds. That brand's closest current offering (called the "Magic Lite") is 48" x 78" and also weighs 14 pounds. (The current price for the Magic Lite is $238 and there is a 15% off coupon code on the seller's website.)

I bought my blanket several years ago when I was going through a rather rough patch of PTSD. (I'm both a veteran and a childhood sex abuse survivor.) I find it calming and comforting but, at the same time, it is heavy and does tend to make me run hot.  

Note: The link I had included was removed. (I forgot that dinet.org doesn't allow them for products as they are considered advertising. Apologies.) I'm guessing the product you had listed (the Gravity Blanket) is every bit as well made as the Magic Blanket. There may well be others available for fewer $ and yes, since Black Friday is upcoming there surely will be deals to be had.

Addendum: I've attached a couple of pics. The material this particular blanket is made of is quite soft. Best as I can tell the filling consists of thousands of (I suspect plastic) little beads evenly distributed within some sort of internal baffle system.  I've yet to try to launder the blanket even though the care label says it is machine washable. Why not is mostly out of concern that all that weight might make my washing machine go bust!

P1090002.JPG

P1090001.JPG