Scary event

I was late to a dentist appointment today so I had to run to get there on time. I dont have pots but I have some form of autonomia that's not diagnosed yet. Anyway after I ran to get there and stopped I pretty out of breath. Then when I sat down to see the dentist I had a whole bunch of palpitations in a row. Which is surprising because usually I only get a few like 3 or 4 in a row at the most and that has stopped in frequency. But today I had like 20 to potentially 40 palpitations in a row. My heartbeat was 115 and my blood pressure was high too. Like 147/87.  Well when they first measured it is was 136/ 90 but it strangely went up after I sat down a while. Probably cause I was nervous but I didn't get dizzy or anything I was just shocked that I had that many in a row. Anyway I will probably see a doctor soon but I already know they will put me on a monitor and wont find anything anyway. It's not like there is anything I can do just hoping to find comfort. Thx.

@racingheart77 - since I am limited to minor physical activity it is rare that I exert myself, like running. but when I do I get PVC's and my HR and BP go way up. That many palpitations could sinply be from the sheer strength of contraction due to high BP and HR, in other words you can feel them because they are so strong. This has happened in me before. But it can also be an arrhythmia ( not necessarily a serious one ) that was triggered by the running.  Good that you will be seeing your doctor, a monitor would be a good option. Let us know what he says!!

So sorry to hear you experienced this. 

Definitely follow it up with your doctor and do all you can to capture it on monitor (I realise that's easier said than done, however). 

I have a lot of palpitations, irregular beats, PACS and PVCs, so I really relate! 

Similar to @Pistol,  I simply have to avoid physical exertion as much as possible. I can get around my house slowly on a good day, but bad days, I really have to limit absolutely all physical movement. Running and whatnot, really causes a bad flare.  So do go easy, especially until you have some answers. 

I don't have much else to add but simply wanted to send you lots of good vibes and well wishes :) 

3 hours ago, racingheart77 said:

Thanks I appreciate. I think I have the type of autonomia that is high blood pressure. I just checked my readings after I got out of the shower and it was like 147/97 then it went down to 118/75 and then it went back up again. My BP is also different on different arms. I'm otherwise healthy and I'm only 24.

My BP goes up a lot in the shower, too. I feel your pain!

Try sitting down in the shower if you can (and there's cheap shower chairs on eBay etc), and have the water temp not as hot. See if that helps! 

If you want you maybe able to find your triggers and adapt your life to avoid them. And yes the reason we avoid certain things is because of what usually happens if we do it can just be difficult to know what will trigger us and what won’t and can vary from time to time. There are certain times of the day I get the feeling I am okay and can get active and get some things done for instance. 

I’m sorry you had that episode by the way. It can be a double whammy because rushing also makes you anxious causes your head to spin brings on anxiety and then the physical exertion on top of it so in these situations I wonder if we almost go into panic attack like results.

My last time I tried to drive myself to the doctor similar thing where I was trying to make it across town. I was driving down a main road and all of a sudden it felt like I was going way faster than I was but I was doing some intense driving that I am quite sure was causing an adrenaline pump. Well at some point I think I just passed a limit that put me into more of a panic attack. MY heart was racing so fast it just felt like I would pass out. I could not function had to pull over and just wait. Finally called the docs drove in slowly then. They took vitals BP was up for me 130/70ish. I was still symptomatic not as severe they did an EKG and I was okay. I was able to drive home but have not driven since. I feel like I partially do this stuff to myself. I have difficulty staying calm which just makes it all worse.