Weak Pulse?

Jwarrior77

Does anyone get bouts of their heart either beating very faintly or weak? I can't tell if I'm overreacting since I'm usually used to it beating forcibly for certain periods of time so when it doesn't I may be interpreting it as weak? Idk.  I can mainly feel my pulse in my neck very easily and generally when I'm feeling really weak/uncomfortable I check it and it is very faint which is really troubling that can sometimes send myself into a state of panic. This mainly occurs while laying down. I can't tell if it has to do with low blood blood volume/hypovolemia to why it beats like that but it's really disturbing how weak it feels and the accompanying feelings associated with it. Is there anyone out there that experience s their heart beat strongly, normal, and then very faint out there? Any input is appreciated.

Do you have a Blood Pressure Monitor? If so, what is the difference between your systolic and diastolic? Is your pulse slow? Or fast? Weak/faint sounds like a low pulse pressure maybe...

My BP and HR go every which way right now because I'm ramping up on nortriptyline. When my systolic lowers and my diastolic raises (e.g. 106/87) I get weak arms and legs. It can feel like rolling over is hard work. I guess Pulse Pressure is what drives some of what we feel. @GinnyIckle clued me into this. PP = Sys - Dia.  

Do you have any accompanying symptoms? I often get numb hands/feet when my PP is low. My Brain fog increases. Sometimes I get random other symptoms too (e.g. headaches, light sensitivity, shaky, pale).

Thanks for all the comments. I'm starting to think it does correlate with blood pressure with the faint beat = low BP and forceful = high(er) BP. Whenever I have a weak pulse my blood pressure is generally pretty low. I do think blood volume has something to do with it as well. Also the pulse pressure topic is really interesting that I just learned a few days ago so thanks for bringing it up and reminding me again.