Are our immune systems weakened?

I have been having trouble getting over this bacterial infection for at least a couple weeks now. And I'm on antibiotics. Just when I think it's going away, I wake up in the morning and I can just tell my throat is getting those white patches back. I've never had this much trouble getting rid of it. I get this every 1-2 years. I get these White patches on my tonsils then I take antibiotics and I'm fine. I used to even work through it fever and all. Now all I do is rest. I figured I would be over this by now. 

I've always wanted to get my tonsils removed because of this. I wonder how well I'd do with surgery. That's a whole different topic though.

@Derek1987 - my PCP and I have been wondering for years if there is a connection between the immune system and POTS. I used to hardly ever be sick, despite working in a hospital and having a school aged child ( you know - they bring home all the goodies ). Since onset of POTS not only do I get sick more often but also become more ill and often I need 2 rounds of antibiotics. And I am homebound - so I don't go anywhere to get germs. But I have not yet been able to find ant evidence or research that would explain that.

Regarding the tonsils - it sounds like a tonsillectomy would definitely fix that for you. Frequent infections like that can wreak havoc even on healthy people - let alone a dysautonomiac! But I personally - through experience - would wait with that surgery until your POTS is more stabilized, simply because it is not an easy to recover from surgery. Do you see an ENT doctor? 

At the beginning I believe mine was overactive , just like Stark mentioned. I never got sick, stopped having cold sores etc...  As I have improved over the years I am now getting colds. and illnesses that are going around. Go figure.