Sorry a little off topic

B) Last year my hubs had his gallbladder out and he ended up with pneumonia and had to be readmitted (Actually he had it before the surgery and they discharged him with a high temp) Anyway, he had an EKG that was somewhat abnormal. Showed left atrial enlargement.

After he was better, his primary did an echo that that showed mild ventricular hypertrophy and mitral and aortic regurg. He is 48 by the way. At the time, his pcp said we would just keep an eye on it.

He went for a physical and the doc said he wanted to do a baseline treadmill, and he did that on Friday. Well , that shows ischemia, or insufficient blood flow to the lateral side of the heart. :)

Now he has to have a thallium treadmill and probably a heart cath. There is a LOT of heart disease in his family.

So, for those of you who pray, please do, for those of you who don't please keep good thoughts. They are scheduling him Monday and I assume they will not wait too long as everything has been positive so far.

Again, sorry it's off topic, edit if you need to, but I could use some friends right now. Thanks, morgan

Maudrey,

I second what Nina said...

...and I really hope that the storm cloud that seems to be hanging over you all clears soon...it has been doing too much pouring on your lately!

Sending both you and your husband my thoughts...and please update us when you know more...Also did you get results from your endo tests? Sorry if I missed a thread just noodge me in the right direction!

Emily

Thank you and Em I think it still needs a little revision, maudlin is more like it these days, :P I appreciate the support from everyone as always.

As far as the endo Em, he just said the test was very odd, did a 24 hour urine and then went on vacation, so I can't get the results till next week, <_<

I am far too impatient for this. I will blow a gasket (just for you Corina) if they put David off like they do me. He has been very short of breath and that is quite worrisome. I will keep you updated. Again thanks...maudrey the morganmeister

Hi Morgan

I'll be thinking of the both of you morgan. I've had a heart cath two years ago and hated it (not that it hurts though). I'll be sending good thoughts on monday for your husband (sorry, forgot his name) and hope it helps him through (and you)!.

Of course <_< I didn't understand the gasket thing, but I think it might have to do with shouting at them? That is what I would do when I would be in your place!!!

Good luck for both of you, warm wishes,

Corina

Well, David's doctor called by 9 am yesterday and said the imaging place would call by afternoon for the appt. Of course no call. So I, being the kind of person I am, called them at 9 this morning. It's scheduled for Friday. I asked her if it was her husband would she just love it if no one bothered to follow up when they were supposed to? She didn't have much to say of course. :P

So his thallium study is 7:30 Friday morning. Will let you know what happens. BTW, he's been on bextra, vioxx and now celebrex. :)

I think I dropped the ball and should have gotten him off all of them when the info first came out. Stupid me, but his feet hurt so much, he has to walk all day and he's got a lousy erosive gut, even on meds. I feel terrible. :(

mozillamaudlinmaudreymorgan

morgan/audrey/maudrey/maudnigificaundry-

i'm having fun observing the name fun & decided to jump in :P thanks for giving me the smiles in the midst of all of your craziness.

i wish there was something i could do to make things ease up for you and your family a bit but i haven't honed my magic powers yet, so in the meantime know that i'm thinking of you all, especially as you and the hubby make your way through the testing & doctor mazes. i cannot believe that no one called you about your testing times....or rather, i can believe it but think that it's ridiculous. i hope things go well on friday.

:-)melissa

Hi Morgan,

I just wanted to let you know I can sympathise with your issues at hand. Ihave dealt with heart disease in my family for years now. My father and his mother. This is still often life threatning; however, the heart is a very knowledgeable subject. There are so many things that they can do to heal the heart know that it is absolutely amazing.

Unfortunatelt our illness is not so easily understood at this time. Maybe someday things will change. For now just trust the doctors that are taking care of your spouse and remember to take care of yourself so that you can be there for him in his time of need.

Let me know if there is any way that I can help And know that you will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Take Care,

Rita s

Morgan,

Tell your husband good luck. I'll be thinking of you guys. Also, ask the doc about fish oil. It's been shown to be as effective as statins (and much cheaper) in several recent studies.

Amy