Why did this happen at the docs?

The first doc i saw said i only had dysautonomia.(had an autonomic reflex screen done)  I wanted to get a 2nd opinion from someone else. So he has me lay down on the table for a few min and the nurse takes my blood pressure and monitors pulse. I stand up and within a few minutes I started to feel dizzy and feel like I could have passed out if I didn't lay back down. This has never happened to me at any point over the last 2.5 years. (dealing with pots symptoms for 2.5 years) The new doc said I have POTS but didn't elaborate on much else. Any thoughts?

35 minutes ago, KiminOrlando said:

My doc does this every visit. Poor man's TTT.  Wants to know how your BP and HR respond. 

Right, but why did i feel like that when that's never happened? I had a real TTT and lasted about 10 min before feeling sick. It's my understanding that with POTS the person always gets tachycardia/dizzy upon standing. This doesn't happen to me at home though.

It could be that normally you get up and start moving and with your leg muscles moving means you are moving blood around.  Standing still, allows for blood to pool in the legs causing dizzyness.  There are so many variables with dysautonomia  that sometimes it can be difficult to discern the cause.    I don't always get dizzy on standing either.  Yet some days I just do.