fainting when using estrogen cream

gertie

Has anyone ever fainted when using estrogen vaginal cream?  I was using very small dose for post menopausal problem 

and after a few doses I started fainting almost every day which I had not done in a long time.  I am very allergic to a lot of things so I

started eliminating anything new I might have been using.  Only after I stopped using the estrogen did the fainting stop.  Doctors 

insist it could not have been caused from the small amount of estrogen & to keep using it.   When  I think back  I always had a problem taking hormones of any kind, migraines, partial seizures etc.

I won't use the estrogen because I'm afraid to leave the house when I'm fainting all the time.  Am I wrong? I can't take chance on being away from home alone & hit the floor.  Being in a familiar place is scary enough.  Thanks.

Guest KiminOrlando

Hormones cause me problems too. Are you using pharmaceutical hormones or African yam derived bioidenticals?

I wonder if hormones impact adrenals.

I was using pharmaceutical hormone & did better on them for awhile than compounded bioidenticals.  I don't know what to do

anymore.  It would help if doctors would believe what I tell them.  Don't know why they think I would lie about such a thing.

Thanks for reply.

I was reading recently that estrogen tends to have a vasodialatory effect. Testosterone has a more vasoconstrictive effect. I am always trying to raise my testosterone levels to get more vasoconstriction. 

If there was a clear link between using this product and fainting, then I would not use it again and seek an alternative treatment for your symptoms. Hormones certainly can affect dysautonomia, and estrogen is indeed a known vasodilator. 

This effect would not be common or expected from a vaginal preparation in a healthy person, but responses are very individual and can be even more unpredictable in someone with a fainting tendency to begin with. 

B xxx