Compression socks. Recommendations?

I wore compression stockings since 1993 due to DVTs i got then, knee high on my right leg. Mediven makes the best, IMO, but there are others like Jobst and Sigvaris that are supposed to be good. That said, I've had to go thigh high and I got them from Walgreens, online. One place you can look is brightlifedirect.com. The ones from Walgreens are 20-30 and have a silicon band. My medivens have a silicon band too, but they are 30-40 and heavier duty than the walgreens. I also have a pair or full length, 30-40, but they are a pain to put on. Depending on your measurements, you may be able to buy off the shelf or need custom. The stockings help, but they don't cure or make it possible for me to be up on my feet more than 20-30 minutes. When I get to that point, I am up to 120-130bpm and want to lie down or at least sit down. Bright life has everything, fashionable and not. 

3 hours ago, JimL said:

Oh yeah, open toe is a little easier to put on and more comfortable, at least to me. 

Thanks for the reply. I'm checking out this website. I see they have different compression levels. Is there a certain compression level people with our condition should be looking at?

20 minutes ago, CallieAndToby22 said:

I do have the custom ones. Haven't worn them in awhile. 

I had to get custom before I lost a lot of weight. Custom are a lot more money. 

2 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm checking out this website. I see they have different compression levels. Is there a certain compression level people with our condition should be looking at?

My cardiologist said 20-30, although the vascular doc I went to years ago specified 30-40. You really need to measure your legs so you get the right size and the pressure is in the range specified. 20-30 is a good starting point. If you have a cardiologist or vascular doc, ask them. Maybe your PCP would know. Learn how to put them on right too as you don't want to damage them with runs. 

2 hours ago, JimL said:

My cardiologist said 20-30, although the vascular doc I went to years ago specified 30-40. You really need to measure your legs so you get the right size and the pressure is in the range specified. 20-30 is a good starting point. If you have a cardiologist or vascular doc, ask them. Maybe your PCP would know. Learn how to put them on right too as you don't want to damage them with runs. 

I see my cardiologist later this month. I'll see what he says before I buy. Thanks for the tips my friend.

1 hour ago, Derek1987 said:

I see my cardiologist later this month. I'll see what he says before I buy. Thanks for the tips my friend.

I second what Jim said - best to get measured so you know your sizing before you buy as well, and I got my feet/legs measured at my local pharmacy for free :)

Best of luck at your appointment!