weird episode

gossamer4448

i just had a weird episode i dont know if it was a panic attack or a seizure or what we checked bp and it was perfect i thought i was gonna collapse trying to walk into the house i figured it was low . ok ill start at the beginning. i was going to go into walmart but my chest was feeling tight and i was anxious and i felt panic so i didnt make it in there i had my mom take me home and it didnt fo away i still had waves of panic and feeling like i was dying my head felt like it wasnt getting blood.or oxygen i got home and my body felt heavy i needed help getting in my room and my limbs was feeling tingly and my nose and even in my chest im doing better now but that was scary situation didnt feel llike my usual episodes.

My best guess - and understand it's just that, a guess - is that you experienced a bit of hypoxia (or low cellular oxygen) and your sympathetic nervous system responded accordingly (in the process setting off all that panic you felt). I've had dozens upon dozens of similar episodes over the years. (I'm 61 and have had POTS symptoms since age 13.) One of the ways POTS affects us is via the failure of our autonomic nervous system to properly constrict blood vessels in the lower half of our bodies, in particular in our legs. Too little blood in the upper half of our bodies can translate into too little oxygen where it's needed most. POTS episodes (or attacks) are often the result of one thing (for instance, hypoxia, which our brains are extremely sensitive to) building upon another thing (our nervous system in general communicating within itself that something is off or wrong) building upon another thing (the activation of our sympathetic nervous system). 

When I go out to stores I bring along a small backpack containing a couple of salty snacks and a couple pieces of dried fruit (or a box of raisins or a bit of granola). I'm also sure to have a water bottle full of (slightly salty) water with me at all times. 1/4 teaspoon salt in 32 ounces of water works for me. To help my stomach better tolerate the salt I also add 6-8 drops of organic spearmint essential oil to the same 32 ounces. 

3 hours ago, gossamer4448 said:

is there a way to test for hypoxia to see if thats whats going on? Also i have a pulsox its alwasy fine i dont have low oxygen according to that i think its more of a blood loss from the brain ,

I'm sorry, but I'm not qualified to answer that question.