Jump to content

possible reaction to cleaning fumes??


dizzygirl
 Share

Recommended Posts

hello all...

well last night i got a spurt of energy that last like 3minutes (how pathedic!!!!!!) .. so i thought well I will clean the toilet real quick.. it needs done, so I got out the Scrubbing bubbles foam spray and spray it .. i had to bend over to do this.. and when I straightened up into a standing positiion.. BAM! here comes a potsy moment..

i got severe nausiated, and I got very hot feeling and actually started to sweat (which never happens), and the tachycardia and chest pain, began.. I felt like i was going to pass out..nearly did.. everything started to go black, and i could feel my self like feeling like i was falling..i quickly got down on all fours. and layed my head down, and layed in front of the fan, and tried to control my breathing, i stayed that way for a while, i literally had to crawl.. to bed.. I layed there for over an hour feeling as though i couldnt get any air to my lungs.. tachycardia chest pain and nausea lasted apprx. an hour..

It just really annoyes me that i cant even clean the freakin' toilet, without getting syncopal..

I am wondering if i was a combo of the cleaning fumes and the bending over that caused it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some cleaning products have fumes that cause me symptoms. There are more ways to clean a toilet than by using noxious products. I squirt a little soft scrub into the bowl and then use a toilet brush. I tolerate the regular soft scrub but do not like the odor of soft scrub with bleach.

Bending over can also cause lightheadedness.

Michigan Jan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am wondering if i was a combo of the cleaning fumes and the bending over that caused it...

It very likely could be the cleaning fumes and the bending over that caused your symptoms. Cleaning agents always cause a flare up for me, and many times bending over does too. If I clean (usually my husband has to) I try to sit and reach, rather than bend over. Also, I have found that all natural cleaners help a LOT. I use a multi purpose cleaner called "Bio-Kleen." It can be found near the health food section of a grocery store. It has never caused any problems for me as far as POTS flare ups go. The only problem is that it doesn't clean "on it's own" like many of the chemical cleaners do, so you have to scrub harder, which is exausting. But for just wiping stuff down it works great. Good luck!

Rachel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i've definitely had issues with some cleaning fumes...the worst is ant spray but others, especially in smaller less-ventilated areas tend to make me woozy. they also mess me up allergy/lung wise...perhaps almost asthma-like. and while i don't have nearly the issue with bending as some do, if i go up & down quickly it's bad news, especially if there are other factors involved.

all in all, when i clean i tend to totally "camp out" down on the floor...and i guess i know what i can & cannot tolerate smell-wise.

hope you can find things that work better for you too.

good luck,

:-)melissa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...