Persistant symptoms

I was diagnosed with POTS about 8 months ago and was put of Verapamil (lowest dose).  I found an immediate change with it in regards to my heart rate - I went from 120-140 standing to 80-90.  My GP decided to keep me on the low dose of Verapamil for a while to let my body adjust. 

My problem is, I'm getting all the POTS symptoms without the increased heart rate now.  I can stand for longer without my HR shooting up but I still get really clammy/sweaty, tired and a bit breathless when I'm on my feet.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I also still get little episodes sometimes when I get really shaky like my blood sugar is low.

It's driving me up the wall so any advice you can give me would be amazing.

I have been on meds for many years and rarely get true tachycardia any longer but - like for you - I still get the symptoms of orthostatic intolerance and still will pass out if I do not limit myself.  I will get HR 120 - 130 before syncope or autonomic seizures but often the pre-syncope is with HR less than 90. Mostly I get chest pain instead of tachycardia. 

@stooshiecat - what do you mean "the cardiologist discharged you after diagnosis"? No suggestions, no treatment options? That sounds not acceptable to me. If you are symptomatic and your GP does not accommodate you then you should get a second opinion or change docs ( in my opinion ).