Tachycardia

Bluebonnet08

I've just been measuring mine over the past few weeks with a blood pressure/heart rate monitor while at rest, lying down and standing up.

My highest reading over the past few weeks is 149bpm, upon standing, after lying on the couch for a few minutes, five minutes after getting home from a short walk to the local shop to get some milk. However, I feel that my heart rate is faster, and that I get out of breath, while I am actually walking to and from the local shop or carrying groceries home from the bus stop.

When I get a heart rate monitor I can wear on my wrist, it will be interesting to see how high it goes when I'm walking, carrying groceries and doing other things.

If I was doing something moderately active on a hot day, I think my heart rate could get significantly higher than 149bpm.

I can't take beta blockers such as Propranolol because I also often have a resting heart rate in the 40s or 50s while lying down or sitting.