Do these 2 videos look similar to you?

DizzyPopcorn

6 hours ago, MomtoGiuliana said:

If you have POTS you have reason to feel hopeful.  For many people the symptoms improve over time.  And there are treatments available.

Thank you for the kind words. I am someone who's very.. Negative in life. I always look at things from a bad angle due to past experiences. I have to tell myself that this isn't the end.

still, at 25 and if I become disabled, I probably won't ever find a girlfriend anymore nor any job for that matter. Which is my big problem. The symptoms are simply the icing on the cake

Hey. I have POTS but still manage to run a busy deparment and look after a team of people.

Sure I can feel dicey from time to time but I know it wont kill me. Symptoms fluctuate and you can get both good and bad times.

I just have to cut back on physical activity which is my main beef.

16 hours ago, whoami said:

still, at 25 and if I become disabled, I probably won't ever find a girlfriend anymore nor any job for that matter.

Yes some people diagnosed with POTS are profoundly and permanently ill and unable to work, but most people diagnosed with POTS are not permanently disabled, from what I understand from my doctor and from various published materials.  Many get better with time and treatment and many recover to high level of function.  Keep in mind too that people who seek out our forum and use it probably are among the most unwell, and I would not assume they represent the general population of POTS patients.  And as patients feel better they generally tend to move on.

12 hours ago, MomtoGiuliana said:

Yes some people diagnosed with POTS are profoundly and permanently ill and unable to work, but most people diagnosed with POTS are not permanently disabled, from what I understand from my doctor and from various published materials.  Many get better with time and treatment and many recover to high level of function.  Keep in mind too that people who seek out our forum and use it probably are among the most unwell, and I would not assume they represent the general population of POTS patients.  And as patients feel better they generally tend to move on.

Thank you very much for the kind words :). It helps me a lot.

I have an appointment with a cardiologist here in Quebec (my gp tried to make me think it's anxiety but I pushed the opposite). I should get the appointment within a month if not faster. For now, I'm returning on anti depressants. Lexapro to be more precise. I used to be on citalopram 4 months ago.

Have a good one everyone :)