Do these 2 videos look similar to you?

DizzyPopcorn

Laying to standing :

Sitting to standing :

Im going to be honest, I've watched videos of people with pots and I don't think I have that. People with pots feel excessively unwell when upright, me I'm feeling most of the time a bit annoyed with the tachycardia and slight dizziness. Yesterday despite my heart rate in the 100 range, I stranded for an hour and half without issue other than my heart beating fast.

However, my heart behave like someone with pots. But my blood pressure does not decrease, it actually increase when I stand.

What's your opinion on this? Does your heart rate do the same? Is it possible to get a positive ttt and not have pots?

I was similar to you. I had the positional heart rate variability for years but was doing loads of exercise and had no ill effects from it. Then "something" changed and I started to become unwell.

Thats not to say you will have the same. Out of interest what made you search out this forum and bow did you come to notice the elevated HR on standing

You dont have to have a drop in BP to have POTS, in the hyperadrenergic form you can see a rise in BP.

Symptoms are variable from one patient to another.  Some only experience symptoms on standing, some have symptoms whether standing or not.  Blood pressure may or may not change for POTS patients, on standing.  Some people with POTS are disabled, others mildly affected.  For many the symptoms are variable either day to day or over longer periods.  The shared feature  is the significant rise in hr on standing.

I searched for months to find *** was going on with me. I saw a cardiologist online in England named sanjay guppa. After explaining my symptoms, he told me that there was a possibility of pots and that I should pass a ttt to rule it out

Honestly I don't want to be diagnosed pots, especially at 25 years old. I don't know if it's anxiety that is doing this to me or if it's something else. I just want my life back

2 hours ago, m@t said:

I was similar to you. I had the positional heart rate variability for years but was doing loads of exercise and had no ill effects from it. Then "something" changed and I started to become unwell.

Thats not to say you will have the same. Out of interest what made you search out this forum and bow did you come to notice the elevated HR on standing

You dont have to have a drop in BP to have POTS, in the hyperadrenergic form you can see a rise in BP.

I searched because I was suggested pots by a cardiologist. As for the heart rate I'm someone extremely anxious and I monitor my heart rate daily. I also had symptoms like cold legs etc

40 minutes ago, MomtoGiuliana said:

I believe POTS is most common in young people (women morese than men but there are plenty of men who are diagnosed).  It is not a life sentence.  Many people get better, either with medications or just with time.

You are right, I shouldn't sentence myself so soon. But I want to be normal, not "better". It's frustrating

22 minutes ago, whoami said:

I searched because I was suggested pots by a cardiologist. As for the heart rate I'm someone extremely anxious and I monitor my heart rate daily. I also had symptoms like cold legs etc

Ah thats really interesting, thats an on the ball cardiologist. I had noticed my symptoms when I wore a heart rate band but never thought much of it. Do you do much exercise at the moment? Mine definitely worsens after that.

Have a look at the videos by York Cardiology on youtube. I like his pivot point analogy, it describes it for me perfectly.

I think the anxiety goes along with having a bit of an overactive nervous system. People tend to think of mental health and physical health as two distinct things but there is really a blur in the middle which is where some of these symptoms sit.

40 minutes ago, m@t said:

Ah thats really interesting, thats an on the ball cardiologist. I had noticed my symptoms when I wore a heart rate band but never thought much of it. Do you do much exercise at the moment? Mine definitely worsens after that.

Have a look at the videos by York Cardiology on youtube. I like his pivot point analogy, it describes it for me perfectly.

I think the anxiety goes along with having a bit of an overactive nervous system. People tend to think of mental health and physical health as two distinct things but there is really a blur in the middle which is where some of these symptoms sit.

Funny you talk about York cardiology, because my cardiologist is him lol

I do take walks but it doesn't really get worse after it.

Welp walked a good hour today with no symptoms other than my heart rate being in the 120-130 range. Slowed back to 90-100 after that while standing. I went to the ER today and they ran ecg, took blood pressure standing sitting laying etc and basically told me all is fine stop worrying about it and wait to see GP for a Ttt because apparently urgentist cannot prescribe them. They said also that we all have hearts that beat to their own rhythm and that my 80-90 was normal.

I mentionned dysautonomia and she knew what I was talking about. She highly thought that it was not the case for me and think it's more an anxiety trigger following my reading on pots.

In any case, fingers crossed that it's not the case after passing a Ttt

Not sure if it helps but heres a log of my BP and HR on going from laying flat to standing and then standing still and going back to laying down:

mm:ss sys/dia HR
00:00 Horizontal
00:47 144/98 @ 61
01:43 133/98 @ 63
02:46 140/86 @ 62
03:00 Stand
03:47 134/101 @ 127
04:41 124/101 @ 116
05:23 118/104 @ 117
06:01 124/105 @ 125
06:43 129/111 @ 130
07:28 129/115 @ 134
08:10 130/104 @ 128
09:29 123/109 @ 136
09:32 Horizontal
10:34 156/95 @ 59
11:23 141/93 @ 65

If you can walk for an hour and feel ok that day and for the few days after then definitely keep doing that. 

When you do a flat to stand test have you tried standing still for 10 mins and seeing what your HR is then? I noticed in your vids after an initial spike things went back to around your base line +20bpm?

How much fluid are you taking on?

Also, another thing I've noticed is that I feel waaaaay better at night. Hr when standing is like 75 but like mom mentioned pots peeps often feel better at night

Also.. While it pains me to admit it, I've been leading a huge sedentary life. Basically for the past 7 years I've been sitting on my butt for about 12-14 hours per day. I rarely did sports until recently when I started monitoring my heart rate (which led me to extreme health anxiety)

What i don't understand is so many site differ with the criterias to "diagnose" this. Some say it HAS to be a sustained 30bpm upon standing, others say that as soon as you get +30 BPM upon standing from laying, you have pots regardless of what it goes to after. Which one is true??

17 hours ago, m@t said:

When you do a flat to stand test have you tried standing still for 10 mins and seeing what your HR is then? I noticed in your vids after an initial spike things went back to around your base line +20bpm?

I did a test today in the morning. Here's my data :

**Keep in note that i was walking around the house while doing that (and watching TV at the same time)

Beats BPM | HH:ss | What im doing
96 BPM 07:43 | Standing
90 BPM 07:46 | Standing

91 BPM 07:51 | Standing

89 BPM 08:14 | Standing

90 BPM 08:28 | Standing

92 BPM 08:39 | Standing

88 BPM 08:43 | Standing

86 BPM 09:03 | Standing

83 BPM 09:05 | Sitting

92 BPM 09:06 | Standing

81 BPM 09:09 | Sitting

75 BPM 09:10 | Laying

79 BPM 09:15 | Laying

87 BPM 09:15 | Standing *** I noticed my heart racing, went to around 115, then got back down to 87 after. Felt a rush of adrelanine

90 BPM 09:20 | Standing

88 BPM 09:58 | After eating breakfast, start of light walking outside

106 BPM 10:46 | End of light walking outside, a bit winded down but felt refreshed

84 BPM 11:10 | Typing this thread. For unknown reasons, despite the "Low" heart rate, I'm shallow breathing and feeling a bit tired. Heart rate feels high even if it's only 84

I'm more confused than i was before :|. Oh well guess i have to wait for my TTT to know for sure.
Thanks for the help @m@t

Today is a bad day I don't know, heart rate is going bonkers I'm sitting on my bed at 105. I'm scared. I'm dizzy and lightheaded. My GPA appointment is today. Took a klonopin in hope to make it go down.

Does anyone else get symptoms like this?

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, m@t said:

When you do a flat to stand test have you tried standing still for 10 mins

Hi whoami,

I was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) last year and I took Clonazepam tablets too.

I took them mostly to help me sleep but when I took them in the day, I was feeling dizzy soon after. 

Probably because when I sleep I don't feel this since, well, I'm sleeping..!

I spoke about that to my general practitioner and it appears it's one of the commun side effects.

I know how it feels when someone put all your troubles on anxiety, but it may be possible that you have the same side effect?

Try to speak to your GP about that.

Take care

Possible, I did not consider this. However my symptoms started well before taking klonopin. They are my "backups" for days that I had too many symptoms.

However, since the appearance of those more.. "pronounced" symptoms, even a klonopin can't take care of them. It removes the anxiety, but not the symptoms itself, certainly not those upon standing or bending etc.

Thanks for the thought though, truthfully I do have to consider the side effects of that drug too.