Birth control for anxiety symptoms pms

AmyK

Has anyone experienced relief of panic/anxiety that comes along with the hormone fluctuations of the menstrual cycle using birth control? I am 37 and have had 5 children (done I may add) and I only feel normal 1 week out of the month.  Looking for relief.   I was on the pill overa decade ago and did ok with it.  Thanks!

Yes!  I have two daughters with Dysautonomia (POTS as well as other forms) and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  My youngest was having a real problem with anxiety and we mentioned it to her OB/GYN and she put her on the pill (Microgestin 1/20) and she has done sooooo much better.  She decided to run each month back to back, no period in between because it was really causing problems.  She's been on those pills for almost 2 years now (she's 19).  It's been a lifesaver!  My other daughter gets the depo provera injections every 10 weeks.  She has real migraine problems, so she can't take the pills, but the shots are wonderful as well.  She doesn't have anxiety, though. 

On 1/3/2018 at 8:16 AM, DizzyGirls said:

Yes!  I have two daughters with Dysautonomia (POTS as well as other forms) and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  My youngest was having a real problem with anxiety and we mentioned it to her OB/GYN and she put her on the pill (Microgestin 1/20) and she has done sooooo much better.  She decided to run each month back to back, no period in between because it was really causing problems.  She's been on those pills for almost 2 years now (she's 19).  It's been a lifesaver!  My other daughter gets the depo provera injections every 10 weeks.  She has real migraine problems, so she can't take the pills, but the shots are wonderful as well.  She doesn't have anxiety, though. 

Thank you!  I am 37 and noticed it has really gotten so much worse during my cycle. I am going to talk to the doctor about getting the pill.  So glad your daughters have something that has helped them.  

• 2 weeks later...