Back of neck numb.

Guest KiminOrlando

Hmmmm..... have they done an MRI standing with flexion? Makes me think you have a Chiari or craniocervical instability with brainstem compression.... but, of course, I'm not a doctor. Sounds like something they need to look at sooner rather than later.

Hope they figure it out because that has to feel very strange.

When I did mention this to my GP, he said, "arthritis", without even looking. This is the same doctor who said my shoulder pain at age 43 was due to old age, once again without even looking. Years later it was found that I had a dislocated shoulder. Unfortunately standards in the NHS have fallen so low that the only use of a GP is to write a sick note. Another GP at the same surgery two weeks ago said to me, "whats brain fog"?

I do also have a click in the neck is it called?, when you lean you head right over and you get a click.

I completely agree with KiminOrlando.  It's amazing what kind of symptoms you can have from a compressed spinal cord or brain stem.  My daughter speaks from experience.  Please find a qualified neurosurgeon to assess your neck.  You definitely need a full spinal MRI, with flexion/extension views, and would have the brain done at the same time.  That's what our neurosurgeon ordered for my daughter, with the exception of the flexion/extension views, as she could no longer bend her neck like that.  He had to reconstruct the curve of her neck while he did her C3-T4 fusion.  To get the most accurate results for possible Chiari, you would need to have the brain/cervical done at a facility that has an upright MRI machine.  Make sure they check for craniocervical instability as well.  If you have a Chiari and they do surgery to repair it, but do not check to see if there is any craniocervical instability, there is a high chance that the Chiari surgery will fail.  The "click" in your neck sounds like you have some upper cervical issues.   Rotation, maybe, cervical instability...  Best wishes to you!