chills

ariella

Anyone have anything that works for the lack of temperature control caused by dysautonomia? Only med I'm taking now is midodrine... chills are not being caused by the medicine... I know most of you can't tolerate the heat, my body doesn't adapt to heat either, but I'm chilled most of the time, sometimes shock-like chills. Like today. Not pleasant, even in the summer.

thanks

Ariella

ariella -

unfortunately i don't have much to offer other than a "me too" but wanted to let you know that you are not alone in the chills department. i actually had problems with chills before having problems with heat. now i have both, which is what makes this season so tough..too hot outside, & too cold inside unless i'm the one controlling the air. i haven't found any magic solutions other than bundling up though. although, when my stomach can tolerate it, a hot/warm beverage can take the edge off. and i have both mittens & slippers that can be warmed in the microwave which help at times.

:-)melissa

Hi,

Hate to say glad other have the chills also, but I am :) glad I am not alone in that. There were days when all day long I had the chills, sometimes teeth chattering and it did not always coincide with having a "attack", and I even was having problems with sweating, I mean constantly. Both have seemed to back off a bit except for the chills, which I do still get but not as bad. When an attack is coming on or I am going through one, the chills are back full force.

My temp usually registers at 97 or sometimes 96.7.

Ariella,

Since starting on mestinon it made my temperature MUCH better. I always was VERY cold with VERY cold chills and sweating caused by the cold (instead of heat). Now I'm much warmer and even my body feels warmer when I touch it. I was surpised feeling myself being so warm (hope you understand what I mean!). I immediately feel when I'm too late on the mestinon, because I get cold again. So maybe you can give it a try, although we need to realize we are all different, I feel more comfortable being warmer!

Take care,

Corina

I went through being cold year round for many years. This is the first summer that I wasn't chilled, now it's hot flashes. Ahhh the joys of aging. I also always ran a below normal temp and spent lots of time sitting over the heat vent with a blanket or even using a hair dryer to blow hot air under the blankets. The BEST investment I ever made was my electric blanket. Keeping a couple of pairs of socks on seemed to help a lot also. I'm just greatful it's summertime. If the temp drops below 75 I am miserable.

im the same - always cold - get raynauds when im cold and my hands freeze and the veins over constrict.

WHen i get those weird migraines or autonomic storms, my temperature drops so rapdily that it feels like im freezing and my whole body trembles.

Ive never heard of that m drug - sounds interesting...