Symptoms with even mild stress

Catnap

Recent echo revealed mitral valve prolapse. Thought maybe pots but HR doesn't always stay elevated more than 30secs so cardiologist thinks mild dysautonomia. I'm noticing that I'm getting a lot of the symptoms of feeling lightheaded/ dizzy, brain fog, feels like heart racing at the slightest bit of stress. Like even my 2 year old screaming at me or driving (i hate driving). Is this common or anxiety? When I take my pulse it's not always fast 

I experience the same. My doc explained that my sympathetic nervous system is short circuiting making my body respond as if a tiger is chasing me even when it's just a simple stressor. Basically im overreacting to the slightest stimuli. We're working to calm down my amygdala by reactivating my cerebellum and frontal lobe. 

5 hours ago, MonkeyBug said:

I experience the same. My doc explained that my sympathetic nervous system is short circuiting making my body respond as if a tiger is chasing me even when it's just a simple stressor. Basically im overreacting to the slightest stimuli. We're working to calm down my amygdala by reactivating my cerebellum and frontal lobe. 

Thanks! I kind of suspected this but wasn't really sure. How are you reactivating your cerebellum and frontal lobe?? Or do you mean using your mind to calm yourself down? I used to meditate a lot I really need to get back into it....

My doc has me doing activities at home like lying on the floor with my knees bent and I squeeze a stress ball in my left hand (which activates my right cerebellum) for 15 mins. I also wear red glasses during that time which calms my amygdala and pineal gland.  I start next week on some PT exercises - I don't know enough about those yet to explain.