The reason behind Post Viral POTS

Idea for why POTS can develop "Post Virally" :

-Impaired blood volume and nervous system function at the time of introduction of said virus puts the body in a position where it needs increased blood flow to adequately keep virus in check. Desperate times then call for desperate measures and the body develops POTS in order to accomplish this with less available total blood; Without increased adrenaline from 'POTS' boosting the low amount of available blood.. the virus would be completely out of control.

I, personally,  think it's more likely that the significant activation of the immune system inherently means there are inflammatory processes going on in the body. This could also lead to inappropriate autoimmune responses. These inflammatory and/or autoimmune processes could temporarily or permanently cause nerve damage of the autonomic nerves in those that develop dysautonomia. But, this is all conjecture and not proven by any scientific study, although, I wish the research would catch up on this as we would probably have better treatments.

But wouldn't the blood volume return to normal once the virus exits your system?  Most viruses last a couple of days or weeks, but POTS usually lasts much longer than that. 

My non-scientific theory is that many people are prone to POTS - low blood pressure, EDS, etc. and any kind of "shock" or trauma to the system can trigger POTS/dysautonomia in people who are prone.  Car accidents, childbirth, viruses and surgery are all triggers.  Viruses can also affect your nervous system and/or cause nerve damage (neuropathy), which are contributing factors to dysautonomia.