Two years and steadily improving

Im improving, although winter knocks me back a peg - steadily, after the hellish first six months.

But i still cant beat the periods of extreme fatigue and nights of insomnia.

For the periods of profoudna nd exhausting fatigue im still struggling - Weird thing is if i take a betablocker when im really fatigued you would think it would make it worse, but i feel better! Caffiene is an abolsute no-no - licorice tea helps greatly, but then i get three migraines the next week. Any advice??

The insomnia i hate because on those nights nothign works - valerian, you name it - im still awake all night long. ANd it always seems to be a few nights after i injest a large amount of Yeast - but never before i had pots was yeast a problem.

Glad to hear your improving. I've been on that road of improvement as well and I just hope it will continue! :) It's the summer time that knocks be back a bit. Like you, I still go through periods of insomnia and fatigue. I started taking a powdered magnesium called Natural Calm mixed in warm water each night before bed the last 5-6 weeks and it has worked wonderfully for me. I have touted this product on other posts before, I probably sound like a broken record. (and no, I do not own stock in this company) :P It just works very well for me. We are all different though. Here's a link to their site if you're interested in reading about magnesium and its effects on the body. http://www.naturalcalm.net/importance.shtml

If you think the yeast is contributing to insomnia, you may be right. It's one of the signs of candida overload. You may want to try cutting out yeast from your diet for a couple of weeks to see if you notice a difference in the way you feel. Good to hear that the beta blocker works for you, they wipe me out. Have you tried taking licorice extract in capsule form instead of the tea? Also, is there anything else in the tea that may be causing the migraines that you associate with this tea?

I hope you continue to make improvements. I remember the first 3-4 months when I first got sick last year, and wow, what a difference between now and then. I am very thankful. :)

Take care and keep us posted.

Gena

Guest tearose

I too am so happy that you are able to see some improvement. I hope you continue to make forward motion!

Keep looking for answers about the migraines, maybe you just haven't found the right formula yet? On the rare occasion I get a migraine, a 1/2 dose of Zomig knocks it out quick. What works for one may not work for another...but keep trying different things!

I don't fight the insomnia if I get it. I get up and do something. Then, maybe after a few days of this nonsense, I am so overtired, that I sleep!

thanks for sharing your progress, tearose

That's great that you've been improving! I think I am in the same boat as you and Gena. My symptoms are milder than they once were, so I can't complain too much. But they are still very uncomfortable and disruptive to my life. I would say the fatigue and the insomnia are two of the worst parts for me too.

Instead of the licorice tea, could you maybe try broth? It is really salty so it brings up your BP without the same side effects as licorice/florinef. (No calories, either) I get bullion powder and mix it with hot water to drink just like instant coffee.

On the insomnia, I recently stopped taking my night dose of BB and have slept through most of the night for the first time in ages. I think it may have been lowering my BP/HR too much at night, so then my body was staying awake to compensate. But I could see how the BB would help with fatigue during the day in a strange way. Maybe just keeps the heart from working too hard.

I have also been trying to exercise, which I think helps with both fatigue and insomnia. I think we are probably doing all of the "right things," but in the end there may not be much we can do for these symptoms. Hopefully with some more time, they will just improve on their own.

Keep getting better,

Rita

I am glad you are improving some!

The fatigue and sleep are big factors for me as well. One thing I read in a book about adrenal fatigue and sleep issues is that behavior modification plays a big role in our sleep cycle.

The book talks about being in bed by 10-10:30. For people with insomnia due to adrenal fatigue issues (which most people with chronic illness have greater demand placed on the adrenal glands and when you think of Dysautonomia and the role of hormones and adrenal function it makes a lot of sense). The author talks about how if you are up past 11 you often get a second wind and then your body doesn't relax enough to fall asleep.

It was really hard for me to get to bed by 10 every night but it has helped some. I find if I keep to a VERY STRICT routine and diet that my sleep is better.

Good luck!

Hi -

I don't think we've "talked" before, but it's great to hear that you're at least heading in the right direction. So many vanish from boards when they're doing better so it's great when people still chime in (I'm guilty of that...not here as I haven't been around too long but elsewhere...)

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in with a "me too" in regard to more energy on a beta blocker. I'm on a REALLY small dose & in combo with other things (midodrine & mestinon amongst others), but for me they help b/c when my HR is so crazy high that in itself exhausts my body so much. Perhaps that's the same for you?

Congrats & keep on keepin on....thanks for sharing your encouraging news,

:-)melissa