Clumsy

I have always had a habit of walking into stuff like the dishwasher door, knocking stuff over and even dropping a drink when I am holding it. Lately I seem to be worse I broke my toe this week through total stupidity! This may be just me but I wonder if the lack of concentration spacial awareness is making me worse . Any one else notice this ?

My hubby teases how can someone who is trained to be graceful can be so clumsy ?

I thought I was the only one!! I am very clumsy, especially when it comes to dropping things. I notice it's much worse when I'm experiencing any kind of adrenaline rush - and anything can make that happen for me - and I'll get shaky and then bam. Dropping things all over the place. I would assume it has something to do with the hyperadrenergic element of my POTS? Lol or maybe I'm just a clutz :P

Oh this is nice to hear! I'm so clumsy and it definitely has been worse in the last few years since I've gotten sick. Now I can tell my fiancé it's not my fault ;) Although a lot of people in my family are clumsy so part of it is me!

• 2 years later...

I've done yoga and QI Gung my whole adult life and also reached black belt in martial arts and yet I am forever banging my hands and feet for no reasonable reason. Right now, I'm in the process of growing out blackened nails on two toes (from earlier stumbles and slips) and nursing several nicks and small cuts on both hands that came about "just because".

19 hours ago, Moin said:

It’s Dysautonomia. I have lots of relatives suffering from this issue and one common thread among many, is ADD. This is the reason of this clumsiness, among so many other symptoms for e.g frequent social inappropriateness 

This I agree with. I sometimes think why I struggle to focus and stay balanced (despite those obvious advantages that have come about because I've been able to be consistent in my physical training) is because I am always and forever monitoring the state of me, or more specifically, me and where I stand in relationship to this s*** disease.

I was diagnosed - and extremely symptomatic with - POTS long before I was diagnosed with ADD. It was when I got worried that my inability to concentrate or remember was caused by so many falls and hitting my head that I sought treatment by a neuropsychologist. She told me that I had ADD and had compensated for it since childhood but that the worsening POTS had made the ADD worse as well. I am not sure if ADD can be a symptom of POTS or not but in my case I had symptoms of BOTH since early childhood. 

I have always been clumsy, I believe it’s Dysautonomia.  I have had testing by a neuropsychologist and do not have ADD.  I have a PhD so used to be high functioning and tested borderline/poor.  Basically I cannot remember/process information well anymore.  It was very disheartening.

I wouldn't meet the criteria for ADD , since I first posted this my POTS and VVS is greatly improved and so has my clumsiness ! Brain fog and word  finding continues to be a problem when i am fatugued .

I am pleased you brought my posting back up it made me realise today how far I have come in three years , it prompted me to look back at my dairies I keep to help with DRs appointments 

It has been hard work to get where I am today, taking care of ourselves takes a lot of time, experimentation and energy .

Stay strong everyone ! X