30 Years Old Having Hot Flashes?

Hi guys-

It's been a while since I last posted. I had been doing OK for a few months but for the past two months not so good. I have been getting these really bad hot flashes that come at the same time as palpitations and tachycardia. My heart rate goes to about 135 then tapers down; however, after a few minutes the symptoms come back. The other night every five minutes or so I kept getting these symptoms then I started getting dizzy and felt off balance (looked like things were moving). Any ideas what is going on? I see dr soon, just wondering who else has this too...

This is fairly common with POTS. it's most likely an adrenergic response but with all new symptoms, you should definitely talk it over with your doctor to rule out other things.

Before we knew I had POTS and was looking for a dx, I went to my GYN for just this reason thinking maybe I was having early menopause. No such luck! He assured me that was not the problem.

Thank you for your reply ?

I have had hot flashes, particularly at night, since puberty. Mine are not directly connected to any other symptoms. They are actually less intense and less frequent as an adult. I have only had classic POTS symptoms since age 31, and maybe some related symptoms since age 21... so I have no idea if mine are connected at all.

Let us know if you get any answers!