Veins Aching

Libby

I've been trying to be more active recently. I played volleyball today, and it went super well - I only got presyncopal once, haha - but now my veins are seriously aching. Arms and legs. I get some aching every day, usually at night, along with some pooling. Legs mostly, but arms and hands sometimes too. Never something I can't deal with.

This time is pretty bad though. I can move, but it's difficult. Goes away when I lie down. Has this happened to anyone else after exercise? I imagine the ball hitting my arms didn't help, but it's happened before to a lesser extent so it can't be all that.

Any suggestions? Compression garments, maybe? A cold shower afterwards? I'd like to keep exercising, especially playing vball, but this isn't too fun.

Hi Libby

I have terrible pains after exercise especially in my upper arms and thighs. I also experience fatigue during exercise, my muscles feel like lead and I feel nauseated. I don't just find this after exercise but housework too.

I am a ballet teacher so these symptoms very challenging! I can demonstrate slow controlled movements but anything that requires jumping or exertion is impossible, thankfully I have some lovely older pupils who are helping me.

After teaching I massage myself with a little oil and take a warm bath and then stretch, it doesn't take all the pain away but it does help enough that I can get to sleep.

I have that problem, too. I went to my cardiologist and asked him about it. As most of us know, that did very little good. He just said I was looking at my veins too much. I was looking because they hurt! Especially my hands and feet. I can't let my hands fall down to my sides anymore. I hope you find the answer!

I cant believe that he said you were looking at your veins too much!!! So, today I was speed-ish walking and then got in the shower and one of my veins popped in my wrist. It didn't happen by looking at it too hard! I didn't hit it or do anything...it just popped and made a huge linear bruise.

Yes, this happens to me. Epsom Salt baths work good but I don't like to be that hot.