Dizzy When Bending Up And Down

artluvr09

I noticed that different times when I bend down to pick up something or bend over and come back up I get woozy and I feel like i'm swaying. Also I hear a whooshing noise and feeling in my left ear when that happens too. Or i get the whooshing noise in my left ear randomly. Today though i am more woozy than usual when bending over to pet dogs or just bending to grab something. Has anyone else experienced this? Plus i have no idea what the whooshing sensation in my ear is! It is so frustrating when I am at the beach and want to pick up sea shells but the bending up and down make me so lightheaded!

Yep artluvr me too. Plays havoc with head. I find this all the time when I trying to hang stuff on the clothesline. The whooshin I get I figure is air movement. Its annoying but I dont know any different 5 years on now.

Bending and standing back up makes your body need to adjust it's blood pressure and heart rate over and over again with each orthostatic change. Because we have dysautonomia, our bodies aren't very good at keeping up with these changes so we end up not getting a lot of blood to our brains and then feel the symptoms you describe.

Yes! Before I was on a beta blocker I wore a heart rate monitor, and my pulse would drop suddenly when I bent down, like Katy says. Like to get fruit out of the drawer in the fridge, it might go from 130 to 90 very suddenly.

I also get the wooshing noise in the yoga cobra position, which is an arched back while lying on your stomach (see link for illustration for some reason the forum won't let me post the image), and sometimes even a headache. I have no idea why, so I stopped doing it.

I had this recently, after bending down. Also, when I quickly moved my eyes, the dizziness came back. Scared, I called my doctor and they had me drink a liter of gatorade. I had not realized that I was dehydrated (again!) An hour later, I felt much better and the dizziness went away. Then I happened to mention this to my brother, an Ex-Marine. He said that when the marines train in hot climates, they do a "tilt test" throughout the day. They bend over, on one foot or something like that, and if they are wobbly, they immediately run over to the medics for a bag of IV fluids.

But since our bodies are not normal, the dizziness may also be the autonomic nervous system lagging? Just today, I became dizzy taking a fast elevator down 40 flights quickly. I was assuming I need more fluids, but maybe I need to accept this as the new me. ugh