What's Your Skin Like?

dizzyallie

I'm wonderin if its related to dysautonomia, POTS, last couple months my face has been extra oily,itchy, pimples, I know its probably stress more than anything but just curious if others have noticed changes compared to how they used to be?

I used to have really oily skin with acne and it was embarrassing. surprisingly this past year its been doing well. I do get a little acne around my time of the month but other than that I seem to be doing a lot better. I don't know how or what I did that changed it though.

My skin is clear although very dry. I have developed allergy issues to certain products that will actually blister the skin around my eyes.

When I have a bad inflammatory flare, I will get severe cystic acne that is red, swollen, painful and won't pop on my cheeks close to my nose. Nothing makes it go away except treating the inflammatory flare up with prednisone.

My face has gotten very dry and flaky skin in the t-zone(I'm in menopause). If I eat something I react to, that area gets very itchy, raised and red. I think it is seeds that do that to me, and I don't understand the connection. It is very sensitive overall.

Otherwise, my lower arm/back of hand skin looks like a vinyl record, like I've lost all the collagen underneath. I'm 55 and my hands look way older than my 79 year old mother's!!

Interesting. Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah I've never been this oily - mind you it is summer here in Australia but still. I have very sensitive skin also. Not exactly sure how to treat it at this point. I pop zyrtecs every now and then. Think allergies wouldnt be helping.