question-poor circulation

friday

I know people with pots often have blood pooling in the legs when they stand( as i do) had anyone ever had the opposite happen? I had my legs down while sitting and they turned blue, were freezing, and started to get numb. it wasn't like when your foot falls asleep because I was sitting at the doctors office and my feet were not still. i usually have cold feet when i'm lying down, but when i stand or sit for a while it usually gets red, due to blood pooling. This happened once before ..turning blue and cold i mean, i was wondering if this happens with anyone else?

Sue

Hi Sue,

Just wanted to let you know this happens to me all the time. My hands and feet and lips turn blue. My doc says its reynauds (sp) syndrome. My hands and feet are always cold. I usually just move my arms and legs around or get up and walk because the numb feeling makes me nuts!

Sorry this happens to you too.

Janine

thanks all.

that's interesting. I was just reading about PCOS(which i just found out i have) and that it is strongly thought to be caused by insulin resistance. I also found that insulin resistance causes vascular problems- seems mostly lack of blood flow in the legs, similar to what i was describing,(forgot to mention i aslo get a squeezing sensation in the legs) also orthostatic intolerence is seen in PCOS and insulin resistance. Seems like this is worth questioning the doctor about.

thanks

Sue

Raynauds is really common in people with POTS and NCS. I have it, have done for as long as I can remember! While I'm typing to you know, the third, fourth and fifth fingers of my left hand are going blue, and feel like ice!

I tihnk there's a Raynauds and Scleroderma Association in th eUK, but I'm not sure what groups there are in the states.

You're definitely not alone! sometimes my legs go absolutely bitter cold below the knee, and nothing will warm them up.

If I were you, I would also ask the Doc about Raynaudsm just for an opinion. It's not that unusual. It's pretty common in very young or very old women, but I won't presume you're either, and instead will dig myself out of the hole and tell you that my mum gets it and she is very definitely in between the two! :)

Raynauds is really common in people with POTS and NCS. I have it, have done for as long as I can remember! While I'm typing to you know, the third, fourth and fifth fingers of my left hand are going blue, and feel like ice!

I tihnk there's a Raynauds and Scleroderma Association in th eUK, but I'm not sure what groups there are in the states.

You're definitely not alone! sometimes my legs go absolutely bitter cold below the knee, and nothing will warm them up.

If I were you, I would also ask the Doc about Raynaudsm just for an opinion. It's not that unusual. It's pretty common in very young or very old women, but I won't presume you're either, and instead will dig myself out of the hole and tell you that my mum gets it and she is very definitely in between the two! :angry:

i am supposed to see my doctor tomorrow. i will ask about Raynauds. What I was wondering is if other people who have that get the blueish color and coldness also have that squeezing sensation around the legs.thanks

Sue

Whenever I sit, my feet turn purple. The when I stand up and walk, they go back to a healthy looking pink. If I sit down and bend over and dangle my hands to the floor, they too, will turn purple. However when I type they stay normal color.

I do not get a squeezing sensation that someone mentioned. Just the purple color. I get the purple color year round and my feet can get cold year round.

However, the purple color does not correspond to feeling cold. It happens whenever I sit or dangle my hands down, even if I am warm.

Michigan Jan