Does Candida Make Pots Worse?

Nymph

Hi everyone.

At the same time that I developed more severe POTS symptoms (May 2014), including exercise intolerance and much more frequent fatigue/dizziness, I also developed a burning tongue. My regular doctor and dentist did not know what was causing the tongue problem. Fast forward to two weeks ago and my rheumatologist thinks it is a Candida infection. She is treating me with Nystatin. The last two months have been the worst yet in terms of my overall fatigue and POTS symptoms (I also have Sjogren's).

Has anyone experienced that POTS is worse with a Candida infection? I have never had one before so this is all new to me. The timing just strikes me as suspicious.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I haven't had a candida infection, but I just am getting over a viral intestinal infection and it definitely made my general pots symptoms and particularly my fatigue much worse.

I know candida has come up a few times on this forum through the years, so you may want to do a search. I believe you will find at least 2 useful threads on this.

Feel better,

Katie

in my experience-- YES. I talked about my experience with candida here and here. I noticed a big boost in energy when treated with nystatin and am currently on a VERY modified candida diet since I couldn't physically handle the full on diet as it was too extreme for my system. Right now I avoid all foods with actual yeast in it (all breads, pizza, etc :() as well as anything major that would contribute to yeast, like mushrooms and foods high in sugar (like all the yummy goodness of dessert foods). When I'm faithful to the diet I notice I feel much better than when I do have lots of sweets that feed the candida. Because of the holidays I was eating desserts much more than I normally allow myself to and I definitely feel like it's thrown me off course. I am currently in the process of getting back to the strict diet.

so yes, for me candida makes things worse because on its own, a candida overgrowth causes increased fatigue

Pumpkin,

I have a couple dessert recipes that are grain free and involve fruit, goat cheese, some whipped cream (homemade so you control the sugar.) If you have any interest PM me with your email and I'll send you the recipes.

Katie

P.S. For food sensitivity reasons, I am on a grain free, nut free diet, so I'm collecting g recipes that fit the bill.