Random Bouts Of Depression?

artluvr09

Lately the past three days I have been depressed for no reason. My anxiety has been higher my brain fog has been bad. I just feel depressed and I don't know why.

I also have a weird rash the past couple of weeks. It is not getting any better it just keeps getting worse. It is dry red circles not scaly. It gets worse after my shower then fades. But some are still there. Some are nickel sized dime sized and pea sized and dot sized. A whole lot of them pop out after the shower. all up and down my arms. Has anyone gotten a rash like this before?

I have also been tired since Saturday. Friday night I only had 2 hrs of sleep but I should be caught up by now. I just feel like a mess. I don't have a job I cant seem to find one. I want an office job so I will be able to have a fan at my desk for when the heat is on in the winter.

My brain fog is driving me crazy! I just want to get more energy and not feel depressed! Has anyone felt like this? How do you guys get over depression? I don't have friends in my neighborhood but I am part of an adult autism group where we get together once a month for fun activities. Anyone else get like this?

I think dealing with this and loneliness is a sure fire mixture for a bit of depression. Even if we are not clinically depressed, I think feeling down some times is normal. Try to get out and do things if you can. Also, sleeping I have found to be very important in helping with energy to do activities during the day so keep up with that.

I dealt with major depression for several years until my psychiatrist finally said that I didn't have depression per say, but, an unknown disease process going on. I did not respond to any medication and I tried everything available at the time. Once other symptoms of dysautonomia began to manifest, he assisted me in tracking down the problem. It took several more years before I was accurately diagnosed with AAG. (autoimmune dysautonomia) It does not surprise me at all that anyone with dysautonomia has depression symptoms - it goes with the territory.

My psych dude diagnosed me with depression with the origins of having to deal with a life altering condition. Hated hearing that diagnosis, on top of everything else, because all of the sudden it was like I was having to deal with yet another problem, and I didn't know how to handle more. Some days are better than others, including days where I feel up enough to get out of the house for a bit. It bothers me that I can feel fantastic (well,a a fantastic as we can sometimes), and just the action of getting dressed makes me go "nope, done." Yesterday I rolled down to church (only two blocks away), felt decent for once service that I run media for, and then ended up sick because I started crying (it was a special service remembering those who have passed away in the last year, and of course, my Mom was listed since she passed in August). That zapped my energy to the point that my friend and power of attorney kicked me out of my media booth and forced me to go lay down with my feet up. I went from feeling fantastic, to nothing, in a very short period of time. Being I was upset, I didn't want to go home, so I opted to go to lunch with my friends, and another new guy joined us, which made me anxious a bit , because he knows I have problems (he's the media director, he's seen me sick, but never passed out or in a seizure, which is a fear I have when out), but honestly, he's reeeeealy cute and the last thing I wanted to do was pee my pants in a seizure in front of him, lol.

Some days I can handle the depression better than others, because maybe I'm getting used to the isolation. I'm really frustrated with my Dad thinking my illness is a joke lately, because he keeps telling me I should write this all in a book (I write I my spare every and time), and make it funny, and title it "I can't do that anymore". There's nothing funny about not being able to walk across your kitchen with a knife because you pass out so easy, and have stabbed yourself in that process before. There's nothing funny about doctors trying different medications, and them making you so sick, you end up in the hospital. Nothing funny about finding videos of you bike racing (yep, did that before all this hit), and realizing you will never get on a normal bike again, or the videos of you hiking and rock climbing, knowing that is just out of your reach. Nothing funny about realizing your "friends" left you because you weren't the same Becia physically, and so you're just non existent. I can kinda joke about some things now, but even then, they are barbs at myself and in the end, it hurts sometime.

I can't tell you how to make yourself happy. I know for me, I have my fish right now (home didn't seem like home until I had them here), I find a good book every now and then, I have a phone with unlimited minutes and texts for contacting friends and my therapist. I try to get busy with activities, like helping out with the media at church, and the youth group (I direct the sign language team there), but sometimes my energy level wanes at that. But they know I do the best I can do, and if I'm having to do it different than I used to, most accommodate that. I'm planning a trip to Dayton this weekend to see my niece in the marching band for her state finals, so I'm focusing on that. It will wear me out in the end, but it will be worth it to see her accomplish something amazing.

I heard a phrase on a movie once of "Chin up, boobs out, it's showtime!" I often repeat that to myself when things get hard, because the show has to go on sometimes. It bites the big one sometimes, but I can't stop living. Made a bet with a friend to live a few months ago, and I never back down from a challenge. So, for me right now, I gotta chin up, boobs out its showtime to get going with my day,

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an article on viruses and depression.

http://medind.nic.in/daa/t12/i1/daat12i1p188.pdf

I found this article while doing a search on what effects high glutamate levels. Maybe you are dealing with a virus of some sort.