Meds? Has Zoloft Helped Anybody?

Jerry

I'm very new to all of this, but I've seen some indication, and my doctor has told me, that SSRIs such as Zoloft are a standard treatment for a Dysautonomia affecting vagal tone. Have you heard that before? Any experience with it? Looking for a little hope that what started with me a few weeks ago might not be the rest of my life.

I was in two different ssri's before, and both had horrible effects it's me and my symptoms, so off I went. I couldn't stop shaking, horrible headaches where I couldn't function, and passing out just as much as if I wasn't on it. I no longer will do any Ssri for that reason. I got enough making my life hard, I'm not tolerating effects like that.

Hi Jerry

My son takes Zoloft. It had a positive effect on him. It helped with brain fog and concentration. My son also has a vocal tic and tremors. He had these before he started the Zoloft and it has not made this condition worse.

Give it a few weeks. I saw gradually improvement with my son. Not for sure but I think it took about a month before I saw some good things.

I'm on it and have been for a few years. The first two weeks were AWFUL as far as side effects--literally couldn't get off the couch, nauseous all the time, couldn't eat, fatigued, etc. I'm on a low dose because I'm sensitive to meds, but it does seem to control my symptoms better than without it. It took a good 2 months, though, to notice anything positive.

It was the first drug they tried with me other than a BB due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. The first night was AWFUL (doctor had me start at 50mg right away . . . way too much for me to handle), so I believe I dropped down to 25mg, then 37.5mg, etc. I remember that starting on Day 11, I had four amazing symptom-free days. I eventually worked up to 75mg. At that dosage it affected libido and my weight. I tried to wean off it last year when I felt really good over the winter, but that was a mistake! When I got down to 37.5mg, I had a big relapse. So now I'm just hanging out at 50mg. The side effects seem better at this dose. I still have trouble with weight loss, but that might be the Florinef too.

Good luck, hope it helps you!