Sharp Chest Pain When Breathing In?

For the past month or two I have been experiencing sharp pain under my chest area above my ribs. Sometimes its under the right side other times its under the left. It's strange. I go to breath in and I get a sharp pain. It only lasts a second but its weird. It doesn't happen everyday but its been happening more frequently. Today I had the chest pain twice when I breathed in on my upper chest on the left side.

I don't know if this all these symptoms are from the same thing but I have been coughing the past two days for no reason! It might be my asthma but don't know what could be triggering it. and I have been dizzy all evening!

Has anyone else gotten these weird chest pains when breathing in? I have a cardiologist appointment in august so I will ask him then but just wondered if any of you guys get them.

I do!

A couple of nights ago it was happening to me lying in bed trying to fall asleep. I hate those pains! For me they never happen on the right side, always on the left! And what else am I supposed to think but, "my heart!" If they'd happen on the right once in a while it wouldn't be so worrisome, but always on the left!!?? For me it's not usually "upper" chest, more like under my left breast or around the centre of the chest towards the left.

It doesn't seem to follow any rhyme or reason - I've had them at work, at home, walking outside, doing light gardening or dishes, just sitting watching TV all relaxed, lying in bed, etc.

I know my heart should be fine as I have had so many EKGs, Holter, loop recorder, etc and except for my loop recorder showing 'sinus tachycardia' which my doc wasn't concerned about (he is aware of my suspicions about POTS) nothing shows a problem.

Little-Blue-Jay I agree with you! I always wonder is it a heart attack or something wrong with my heart. but I keep telling myself it is probably nothing because I had holters just like u did and I just had a 30 day heart monitor last month. most of the times I get the pain under the breasts but yesterday was when I got it on top of my breasts but that was weird.

xRobin: mom thinks I get the Costochondritis as well! but its weird how it hurts whne u breath in. and yes I am going to let my cardiologist know just in case. :)