Random Heart Palpitations

Yesterday and Today I had weird unusual heart racing in the morning like it made me feel a little weak it would pound when i would use the stairs and my pulse especially in my neck is really really strong. The pulse in my neck gets so strong you can see it and when i wear a choker (type of necklace) it moves the choker up and down. It's really strange.

No I haven't maybe I should. I do have a cardiologist appointment next week so I can talk to him also. It is just a weird feeling!

Get a cheap oximeter to see what your HR is doing. And get your bp checked WHEN its happening.--possible?

You may "feel" palpitations, but it might be something else? Hopefully the cardio can help.

Other questions: are you still using caffeine? Food allergies such as gluten or dairy? Potassium level ok?

Not eating processed foods with MSG?

In my experience these ALL cause problems.

I have a lot of palpitations from time to time. For me, it is typically worse prior to my period. Hydration and potassium and magnesium rich diet seems to help me, but even so there are times they can be significant for me.

However, there is no way of course to diagnose what is going on in your situation, here. It would be best to talk to your cardiologist, or be seen by one, to have these symptoms evaluated and possibly some tests done--if this has not been done.

question re: palpitations... does anyone get the kind where it feel like there is fluttering and you spontaneously cough?? it has happened for some time but, getting more and more pronounced.... i never know when to pay attention or ignore things - any insight? ty!

Yes, I get palps everyday and they happen whatever I am doing, even lying down or sitting quietly. I get judders and missed beats and sometimes a stop. I've mentioned it a lot to my doc and they get put down to anxiety, which I know they are not. I have had an echo-cardiogram and other monitoring and they just say sinus tachy and leave it at that. I have had 24hr monitoring and sleep testing done and it's never been mentioned as abnormal.

There is a good app for iphone azumio checks your HR and you can type in what you are doing at the time. for $1.99 you can get unlimited recordings and you can export them to your computer by email and give them to your doctor. I have checked them with my BP ratings and pretty accurate.

question re: palpitations... does anyone get the kind where it feel like there is fluttering and you spontaneously cough?? it has happened for some time but, getting more and more pronounced.... i never know when to pay attention or ignore things - any insight? ty!

One of the secretaries at my docs office said she coughs when her heart is "acting up". I don't know what she has re heart beat issues but I guess people can cough as a sign of beat issues.