Heart beat fast

I'm relatively new to having these types of problems though Ive had dysautonomia for years it was pretty mild. Just over the past few days I have been having this. Whenever I open my eyes my heart is beating fast. Not very high, but probably high 90s of maybe low 100's. I feel like the adrenaline won't kick down the last notch the chills and all that fun stuff. Also feels a little like I can't take deep breaths in, though I can. Oh, I enjoyed the last 2 1/2 weeks of relative "normal" and now it's kicked back in ever since the episode the other day. Oh yes, and running to the bathroom, will have to have a direct line from me to the bathroom soon..lol. Have to get up during the night also,,annoying.

How long do your "storms" last. Anyone have this and any idea on calming this? If I take any more beta blocker I won't get out of bed ;)

My last storm went on for a month. Actually, I'm still getting back on my feet - the nights are tough still.

The tachy in the morning... Blood pressure is lowest when we sleep. Boomerang effect when you wake up, maybe? I know I often awaken with my mind racing, and I feel the adrenaline start pumping - does that happen to you?

Hanging in there. :)

What things do you do to manage your dysautonomia, other than the betas? I wonder if you're like me, and both sides of your NS are involved. I've read that's pretty rare, but if that's the case, the condition can get tough to manage. What other symptoms do you have?

I don't wake up with it, but it gets fast pretty fast after I'm up. I'd like to know what's up with those vivd dreams too. It's how I'd imagine a person on hallucinagenics was dreaming, if I took them. They are so vivid and REAL at the time. I'm thinking of getting a dang chamber pot. B):) morgan

Guest tearose

I think I wake with rapid heartbeats only after a nightmare and when I am sick with a virus or fever. I do take in more water then and talk myself into believing it will pass. It usually does in time. Only when I was really sick with fever did my heart beat all over the place and then it took about three days to get my "normal" rhythm back.

Heart rate is such an interesting thing ... ok, interesting if we are studying white lab rats, it's the pits when we are the subject of the experiment.

I noticed the other day, after lunch (ah haaa) that when I tried to do my sitting meditation, that I kept "feeling" my heart beat each time I inhaled. Since I was meditating, I thought "just stay with it, notice what is going on and come back to the breath". But the pounding feeling was driving me nuts, so after about five minutes I said "#$%^" and I got my pulse meter and BP cuff to see what was going on. Sure enough, on every inhale my pulse went up to 120 and as I exhaled my pulse went back down to 80. Inhale - 120, exhale - 80. Then I tried lying down ... and POOF my pulse was fine it stayed in the 80 range on both inhale and exhale.

For me it was just another "pots-moment". Probably due to the fact that I had eaten lunch and my system just couldn't do both SITTING and DIGESTING at the same time. On some days I can. Some days I can't.

I have also been having a flurry of vivid dreams (as mentioned in a previous post) and so yes, I do wake up sometimes going a mile a minute. Most often it's just that my system can't quite get going and it's already tried to kick in to high gear to get me jump started. It's usually a sign I need to take it slower that day. Wear my compression hose, increase my salt etc.

Ahh yes ... interesting if we were watching the lab rat in the maze ... pain in the #$# as it is happening to us.

Good luck in your own experiments.

EM

I go through weeks or months at a time waking up with a racing heart (which usually just means my BP just go too low while I was sleeping and my body is trying like mad to raise it back up via the tachycardia). During those times I also have very vivid dreams, sometimes nightmares and racing mind when i wake up. And then, my symptoms magically subside and go away for various periods of time. I have found that drinking a magnesium citrate powder mixed in warm water before bed has been helping me a lot the past week. It's called Natural Calm and I love it. It calms me down and significantly reduces my arrythmias. Makes me nice and relaxed before bed.

Hang in there. I know this is an awful time, but it will pass eventually. :)

Gena

Hello,

This is my first post, so I hope it comes out OK. I definitely have the racing heart when waking up. I have a very fast heart rate all the time, but will get the worst rates when I am suddenly woken - up to the 190's! Always first thing in the morning, and also any time through the day if I'm relaxing or dozing and am disturbed. I've put it down to a big adrenalin rush as your body tries to kick start you, but I'm no medic... interestingly (I think!) I've got 4 24 hour heart rate tapes over the last year and in all cases my heartrate goes from about 100 (sleeping) to around 150 about an hour before I actually wake up, with an extra big rise when I really wake.

Felicity.

I would get the tachycardia as I was trying to fall asleep, not as much in the morning. It was really difficult to fall asleep, because my heart didn't want to "settle down" to rest.

I can definitely relate to running to the bathroom! Even now, I pee more than anyone else I know! I feel better when I drink plenty of water, so I stay well-hydrated. That contributes to the problem, but I swear I don't drink as much as I pee!! :unsure:

Luv,

Kristin