episodes

hayley

Hi

i was just wondering if anyone had 'episodes' where they get tachycardia and dizzy and feel like they are going to faint.It lasts about 15 minutes then im fine just abit tired.And it goes on like that all through the day.It doesnt matter whether im standing up or laying down.Is this what POTS is.Sorry nobodys really explained it to me i've had to learn myself, probably like so many others.I hope i dont sound stupid.h x

I get "episodes" all the time. They are just different. I can feel my BP going sky high and my heart pounds and I just feel really weird, like ansty, I suppose it's an adrenaline rush. Then my face feels really flushed and hot and my BP starts to drop a little, then after about an hour I'm just back to my sluggy self. I've had them since 1995. They used to bug me, but now I just sit around and wait for them to pass. I think we all have episodes, that's what I've always called my thing, just different degrees of the same thing. morgan

Yep, this "is" POTS. You can have episodes, or constant symptoms, but I think most of us have a little of both. My "episodes" are helped by the beta blocker I take, Effexor (an antidepressant) and a very tiny dose of Klonopin (.25 mg a day). I also try to eat a low-sugar diet (and am sometimes unsuccessful!), and I take a high-quality multivitamin, B-complex, calcium/magnesium supplement, and two teaspoons of cod liver oil daily.

This regimen has helped me to get to where I am now, which is functional but not feeling very well. I at least don't have to feel like I may have an "episode" of tachycardia/dizziness/etc. at any given moment. I only have had a couple episodes, in fact, in the last few months.

Amy

Hi,

I've been thinking about that myself. I also have "episodes" where I feel funny and then I notice my heart is beating faster, then I feel like my head is full, can tell my blood pressure is going up, get the chills and shakes and who knows what other symptom may jump on for the ride. This usually lasts about an hour for me but I feel like garbarge for the rest of the day and usually a day or two after. These are when I feel like I am at my worst, and day to day is usually a mixture of all other different symptoms just not magnified like an episode. Did that make any sense? :blink:

The tachy drives me crazy,,if I am not careful I'll live in fear wondering when the next one will be.