Tonight's Episode

Darlene

all of a sudden i felt funny, i felt shaky inside, my heart was racing... i felt like i did when my sugar gets low. my hands were shaking, and felt a slight burning inside my body. i checked my sugar and it was 82. i took my bp and it was like 124/88, it's normally 104/60. i did not know if this was an adrenaline rush or mast cell episode. i took klonopin 0.5 mg, dye free benadryl 25 mg, and pepcid 40 mg. i have to say i m feeling pretty calm. does anyone else get these episodes.

I had an episode like that just last night! Freaky! I have no idea what my blood sugar or BP were doing, because I didn't think to check my BP, and I don't have the equipment to check my blood sugar. Mine was also accompanied by a migraine, so that may have been the cause for me, although I don't usually get that when I have a migraine... So. Not sure if it was actually related or not. I've never been tested for a mast cell disorder, though we may be investigating that along with EDS at my next dr appointment in May. We'll be trying to see if we can find a cause for my POTS.

Next time maybe try drinking a glass of juice. Blood sugar meters can be 30 degrees off. When I used to have hypoglycemia ( mine was caused by my Celexa medication,) I was doing a glucose test I started sweating, shaking and getting cranky we checked it and the meter said 55 so then they did the blood draw and when the results came back it said that the actual glucose reading from the blood sample was 26. I had orange juice and peanut butter crackers and felt much better. I hope you feel better!

Artlover,

I can 't drink fruit juice due to intolerance to the salicylates in fruit. Because juice is concentrated fruit, it means I'd get a higher load of salicylates and a stronger adverse response. What else could I try to drink. Would sugar and water do the same job, do you think? I want to try something because I'm having episodes of what could be panic, what could be low blood sugar, or just pots-stuff that I have to wait out. I'm not sure which. If drinking something sweet has a chance of fixing these episodes I'd like to try it.

blue