Ana 1:80

Darlene

I have had a positive ANA test since 2006. My numbers are getting higher. Just picked up a copy of my most recent labs, my ANA is 1:80 homogeneous pattern. I wonder if this has anything to do with the cause of my dysautonomia or the pain I am always in, or the lesions in my brain.

Maybe. A 1:80 pattern is weakly positive but not very specific to any one disease process. I also have a 1:80 pattern and it was blown off. Only with higher titers do they run more tests. Maybe it's worth following. I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which could possibly be the etiology as well.

Hi! I've had problems with this test for almost thirty years. With a positive Lupus test and RA test, but not the diagnosis. At one point the test was 1:640 or was it 680? It's been a while. So my doctor would test it in my yearly physical. It was normal for about fifteen years. Then when one day I woke up with POTS, it came back elevated. I think there is a correlation but we won't know what it is. A rheumatologist (sp?) would be able to help diagnosis auto-immune components. Good luck to you.