Blood Sugar Home Monitor Readings?

Freaked

I've been having some pretty nasty sweating, shakiness and hyperventilation in the mornings until I eat something. This could just be POTS, but I thought I'd buy a blood sugar monitor to check. It says that, for the readings, lower than 2.8 is low and higher than 16.6 is high. I just took mine and it was 4.6 (it's evening here). Just wondering what readings others typically get, for fasting and not fasting?

If I converted it correctly, 4.6 is equal to 78.2 over here in the US. That is "normal", but that doesn't necessarily mean you feel normal! Take your reading when you first get up in the morning, then around 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours after you eat. See what the trend is. Mine goes up, then rapidly falls too low.

I've had many years of low blood sugar. When I go low and have symptoms, I am usually in the 50s or 40s(2.8 - 3.2) range. I have documented a 39 on my meter one morning! Doctors have not been able to figure out why I go so low. I just eat every 2 hours to make sure it doesn't drop real low. I seem to be okay overnight, even though I think I drop, by body seems to bring it back up.

I don't test my own sugar as i am not sure what i am looking for. I have had fasting tests at the doctors and they always say i am okay but if i go without food for too long , its not that i feel hungry, i just feel really weak and ill to the point where i dont even feel i can walk. And my heart rate drops into 50's. But no-one seems ot understand or think there is anything wrong?

Also appreciate any insight.

I like Emma, would appreciate any insight into this issue! I struggle with becoming hot, extremely weak and shaky at random times and quickly getting a snack or drink is the only thing that helps. Very hard to predict when appetite is all over the map. It seems like a classic blood sugar issue but I was told my fasting glucose blood was normal also. Wonder how much hormones play into this? Has anyone done the glucose tolerance test where you have to drink that sugary stuff all at once?

I had a prolonged oral glucose tolerance test, where they give you a cup of sugary stuff and then take blood at intervals for the next 5 hours. I really felt rubbish during it but apparently all my levels were within normal range. I did notice that my feeling really bad and then feeling not so bad did I think correspond with a dip and then rise again of my blood sugar levels, even though they were still within normal range.