Anyone Use Compression Calf Sleeves?

dkd

I was wondering if these calf sleeves are as good as compression socks or would socks be better since the whole foot is in there also?

Anyone have any experience with them?

I 'think' the 20-30 weight socks help me some. I'm not sure though. Do the calf sleeves come in a certain pressure rating?

Thanks!

I use them instead of compression socks because i don't like having things around my feet, but I got mine online from a compression sock company and they are the 20-30 compression.

If you're talking about the calf sleeves meant for running, I've tried those and they don't have any noticable effect on me. IMO the compression on some of those is way low, like hardly anything. So I'd say if it isn't labelled with a compression grade, it probably wont do much for you. But shop around!

Hi Margiebee,

My son uses the compression socks that are knee highs. Have you thought about the running tights that are footless? However, they come all the way up to the waist. However, I did see something toeless compression hose in the Walmart pharmacy department. They are a knee high but the hose area begins about the middle of your foot and goes up to your knees. They were consider to be a compression hose but were toeless. I also think they came in different compression weights.

Rachel

I wear compression hose (measured to size) with whole feet. I've tried the toeless but for me that didn't work. My toes got swollen, red, itchy and painful. I changed to the whole feet which I found much more comfortable. Good luck on figuring out what will work best for you!

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of the one for runners/cyclists. I guess I won't try those.

I was thinking if the foot is out, then it might swell up from blood pooling????

I haven't tried anything above the knee. I have big thighs, so I didn't want a line across my thigh where the fat would bulge over the top-haha!!

And I have a lot of pressure in my chest, neck, and face, so I was worried waist high ones might make that worse.

I'll just have to experiment.

Thanks again :)

I use the calf sleeves as well as socks from an athletic site. I have very minimal issues with blood pooling, and I do find the sleeves to be effective for me. I notice the difference in size of my veins when I wear them vs don't wear them. I have the athletic ones (not medical grade) so I can def see how if you have severe pooling, these wouldn't cut it.