Feeling Guilty For Being Sick

Ctat333

Does anyone else ever feel guilty because you're sick?

It's Halloween, and my husband has taken both of our boys trick-or-treating. Today was a bad day for me, and I just don't have the energy to go.

I feel like such a bad mom for not going with them, and I am so angry that have to miss out on stuff like this because of how bad I feel. I feel like it's not fair to my boys. There is so much that I miss out on with them, because there are things I just can't do. My heart aches for my babies, and for myself.

Sorry for the little rant, but I'm just so frustrated and angry right now!

I dont know how old your babies are but I believe everyone here feels guilt of some sort about being sick when it comes to family. Not being able to help out or do your share around the house is hard. I'm sure your kids will get old enough to understand eventually and for now they may just see it as normal that you cant go places if they dont know the difference. From what I have learned its much harder on moms than it is on kids. Kids adapt but moms want to do everything and be everywhere with their children. So more than likely they are doing just fine and are happy children, its the self torture your mind puts you thru that makes things seem worse. Look forward to the good days and spend more time with them then and a handful of good days and good memories will always make up for the not so good days.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I still wish that I could do it all, but I am learning to take one day at a time.

We have made some great memories on the good days, so I am thankful for those.

Thank you all again for helping to comfort my heart when I was sad last night :)

I am doing this same thing today, we need to find a way to stop this!!! I wouldn't blame anyone else for this..and I don't feel like anyone blames me, it's just that I know all my problems place a damper on the events and joys of my family and for this I feel so terrible and yes guilty!

This is a good example, my family is always pushing for me to join in on family events away from the house no matter how bad I feel. So tonight was a birthday dinner for my dad, the entire family was going and they didn't really give me a choice. They would say "you better get ready, we are leaving at 5:00" and when I said I couldn't make it I got the guilt trip....." It's for your dad, you need to try, he does a lot for us". You know that whole song and dance.

So I pushed thru it to get dressed and go. It was horrible, I fought off passing out the entire 2hrs at the restaurant. I ended up just laying my head on the table hoping it would end and couldn't eat and barely visited with anyone. Now I am home, exhausted and more miserable. It will make tomorrow more difficult too. It wasn't worth it but I was pressured. It upsets and frustrates me when people do this to me instead of understanding. Now I have to deal with the aftermath myself.